Saturday, May 9, 2009

Dream #9 (May 9, 2009)

This is interesting.


Last night's dream contained a couple of important side stories; Tony Bennett wanted to become a comedian, and Brother Danielson (Daniel Smith) was kidnapped.

I first learned both of these facts (they were factual in my dream) while watching the news in a hotel room in which I was staying.  The moment I heard the news, I knew that I was obligated to save Brother Danielson, since he had produced such great music for me to enjoy.  At the time I did not think much of the Tony Bennett story.

So I leapt from my bed, ran down the stairs (20 flights of them), hopped into a car (I'm not sure if it was mine), and I drove away.  I am not sure why I did what I did next.  

I drove to my old high school, gathered a bunch of my old classmates together, stole a big yellow bus, and drove off to who knows where.  After driving for quite a while (driving a bus is actually pretty fun), we stopped at a thirty story Burger King.  We decided to take the glass elevator in order to dine at the top floor.  Whilst I was eating my Whopper Jr., I looked up at the television that was on and saw an interview with Tony Bennett.  In it, he explained how foolish he was to pursue stand up comedy, and the news channel proceeded to show bits from his terrible routines (he was horrible comedian).

After I finished my meal, I began to rally my ex-classmates, but they decided that they were no longer going to help me in my search for Brother Danielson.  I was frustrated, so I left them all there, took the bus, and drove away.

The next thing I knew, the I was in the Regent University parking lot trying to raise a flag in memory of Brother Danielson (the flag looked similar to the cover of the Ships album).  As I struggled to do so, Tony Bennett came up beside me and helped me complete the task.  He smiled at me and said something about pursuing my dreams and having dedication.  Then we walked together over the bridge that goes to the commons (except in my dream it lead into the woods).


Then I awoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment