Saturday, May 30, 2009

Dream #30 (May 30, 2009)

I don't know why my dreams have involved my old high school classmates as of late.


Last night's dream actually took place in my old high school (Oregon-Davis Jr./Sr. High School).  The reason I was there was because there was a giant scavenger hunt that was taking place there, and the group that found the most items within the limited time frame would win ten thousand dollars.  I was definitely motivated to try.

My group consisted of some interesting people.  Kyle Heffelfinger, a guy I did not recognize, and my dad were in my group (labeled as 'Group 1').  Every group started in the gymnasium and awaited the principal (Mr. Greg Briles) to start the race.  After several minutes of sheer waiting, he entered, pulled out a starter pistol, and fired it into the air.  Everyone took off.  Everyone, that is, except my group.  For some reason we just stood up and stared at each other for a long time.

Finally, we realized what was at stake and began to hunt for things for which we did not even know we were looking.  After several failed attempts at finding things in various classrooms, Kyle and I decided to search the school office.  When we got there, all of the lights were off and nobody was around.  We just went on in anyway, and what we found there changed the game for us.  Before I found this thing of which I speak, I found a dollar bill with a not attached (it was somebody else's lunch money that a parent had dropped off).  I was very tempted to take the dollar bill, but I decided against it (thanks to the lessons on stealing of Dr. Applebee).  Then, once I set the dollar back on the copy machine, I found a map of where to find all of the items we were supposed to find for the scavenger hunt.  I celebrated by whistling 'Ol Dixie.

Shortly after, Kyle and I rejoined the group and went running to all the places on the map.  By the end of the hunt, we had most of the items required.  Here are some example of things we found: a baby crocodile, a giant colorful fish, an aquarium, Tupperware, dirt and grass, a set of knives, and a leash (among other small items that I do not remember well enough to recount).  Pleased with what we discovered, we went into the school cafeteria to hopefully win the grand prize.


Then I awoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment