Saturday, May 2, 2009

Dream #2 (May 2, 2009)

Yesterday I mentioned to some friends that I had not remembered ever having a good dream with Regent people.  Well, last night changed that.


It all began in my room at the commons.  It was Sunday morning and, of corse, I had to get up to go to church.  So I got out of bed and, since I was already wearing my Sunday best, I opened up my window and slid down a gutter (in my dream I lived on the 9th floor of the commons).  At ground level I met up with Nathan, Lauren, Caitlin, and Lenny, and together we walked to church.

We decided to try a church that was a little different.  First of all, the church was circular in shape, almost like a stadium (but much smaller).  Also, the doors through which we entered were the revolving kind, which is always fun.  Then we saw the sanctuary; it was a large swimming pool.  Without hesitation, we all jumped in without modifying our attire.  It felt quite nice, actually.  After listening to the preacher give a sermon from the diving board about baptism (interesting subject, considering the setting), we got out of the pool and walked back to the commons.  There we had quite a pleasant surprise.

Over in the grassy area in the middle of the parking lot, we could see a man playing guitar and singing to an audience of two.  As we neared the musician, we realized it was Cat Stevens singing and playing Dylan's "The Times They are a Changin'" with all the gusto and strength with which Stevens typically sings.  After he finished that song, we listened stuck around and listened to him play "Stage Fright" and "Bessie Smith" in a similar manner (it was actually very good, and I wish now that he actually covered these songs).

Once Stevens had finished (unfortunately for him, his audience never grew past seven people), Brian McCluskey showed up in his car and offered us all a ride to Boston (don't ask me why he wanted to go there).


Then I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment