Sunday, May 24, 2009

Dream #24 (May 24, 2009)

This is a dream.


It all took place in my backyard.  Apparently my yard was the location for 'The Games.'  This event brought in nearly one hundred people, and these people were devoted to winning.  The first test of ability was took great skill: floating down a river (my real backyard has no river, but my dream yard does).  I, among many others, floated down the river without moving any parts of my body.  It must have been very unexciting to witness (there were, however, no spectators, except for the participants who had decided that they were not cut out for the event).  I am not sure who won this race; I'm not even sure that it was a race.

Anyways, the next event was much more exciting.  The people were split into two teams.  These teams had one goal: capture a flag from the world's fastest man (who happened to look like Brandon Johnston, an old classmate of mine with whom I do not often speak).  Because this game was supposed to take all night (for some reason it took leaders of the groups much time to plan out the tactics), both groups set up enormous blue tents, and every single person had with them a sleeping bag.  As I prepared to sleep (the leaders of my group, who resembled military leaders, were taking a very long time to plan out the group's course), I noticed that I actually knew two other members of my group: Daniel Jeter and Caitlin Geeslin.  Delighted that I would not have to be all alone for the rest of the time, I ran to them and sat with them a while.  Interestingly enough, none of us said a word for quite some time.

All of a sudden, trumpets began to sound.  The game was over, and the other team had won.  I happen to think my group's leadership was poor, but that is just one unimportant man's opinion (I did not get along well with my leaders).  Because the game had taken so long, the sun had begun to rise, and it was time for the final event: the bamboo stick combat.  The activity is similar to its name; two people would fight each other with bamboo sticks until one of them gave up or was struck down.

Next thing I knew, I was in the championship round fighting Dan Jeter in ferocious bamboo combat.  Neither of us showed any mercy (even though neither of us showed much aggression either), but after a long, hard fought battle, I came out the victor (fortunately, Daniel had given up after a nasty blow to the side of his head; in other words, I did not kill him).  The sun rose above the horizon.

Then, out of nowhere, I was no longer partaking in the same dream.  Instead, I was stuck in a janitor's closet.  But that is not the strangest part.  I was the size of a #2 pencil.  I was wandering around the top shelf, where the rubber gloves and cleaning fluids were kept, when all of a sudden, the door to the janitor's closet flung open and a hand reached up and grabbed the sponge on which I was standing, causing me to fall from the highest point in the closet.


Then I awoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment