Friday, May 29, 2009

Dream #29 (May 29, 2009)

I love mountains.


Last night's dream took place on the top of a beautiful snowy mountain.  The only thing that could be seen around the mountain was fog; even so, it was a lovely sight.  At the beginning of the dream, I was waiting outside of a classroom building.  Apparently I had just returned from a scavenger hunt, and I was the only one who had completed the assignment at that point.  After a couple of minutes of wandering around in the snow, some of my fellow classmates returned (the class, by the way, was Band).

When they returned we talked to each other and discussed what we were going to do next.  I had heard that the band teacher (who, interestingly enough, was an African American version of my history professor at Bethel College, Mr. John Haas) was planning on sending out groups of five students into the woods alone to survive for a couple of days.  One of my fellow classmates changed the conversation into a discussion of his relationship with his girlfriend (this guy was actually Michael Keiper, whom I barely knew in high school).  He said that he finally held hands with this girl, and when he did (this is strange) she accepted Jesus into her heart and was 'saved.'

Then another classmate, Brandon Johnston (who played on the basketball team in high school), returned from the woods with news that the class was supposed to meet in a small cabin near the classroom.  As we walked there, the sun began to rise, and light pierced through the fog.  It was amazing.  When we got there, we sat down and waited in silence.  After a few minutes, the rest of the class, along with the teacher, entered the room and sat down (we were all sitting Indian style).

Right when the teacher sat down, he opened up a mini-fridge that was near him and gave everyone a little thing of orange juice.  As we drank the juice, he assigned us our groups.  I remember that I was sitting next to Abby Carver, Adam Pflugshaupt, and Aubrey Minix (they all went to high school with me, and I don't know any of them that well anymore; in fact, I never really knew Aubrey or Abby all that well).  Professor Haas decided that Adam, Brandon, Michael, Aubrey, and I would be in a group.  After that, I made a comment about his curly hair (he does not have curly hair in real life).


Then I awoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment