Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Dream #67 (September 27, 2009)

This is odd.


In this dream, Doug Miller was teaching a class in the middle of the night on a moonlit mountain. That, however, was not the most interesting aspect of this dream, for the subject of the class was human bowling. At the beginning of the class, Doug explained the unappreciated art of human bowling, and why it is aesthetically important. Then he demonstrated proper form.

Finally, after what seemed like long hours of explanation, the 'hands on' part of the class arrived. We actually got to put what we learned into practice. After seeing many people disappear off the edge of the cliff as they dove down the rocks towards the big bowling pins at the bottom, my turn finally came. I dove, penguin style, at lightning speed. STRIKE.

Then we moved into a cave to get the feel of a different human bowling environment. Instead of going individually, we went as partners. My partner for this task was B.J. Woods, a kid that I knew in elementary school that later became what the 'nerds' liked to call a 'druggy.' Because he was high at the time, our performance was poor. In fact, we did so poorly that we slid completely off coarse into a crack, causing us top get stuck.

I struggled hard to get out, but I couldn't. B.J. was not helping in the situation, for he was just laying there cracking perverse jokes without putting forth even the slightest of efforts. Then Doug came over and looked down at me, shaking his head.


Then I awoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment