Saturday, September 12, 2009

Dream #52 (September 12, 2009)

This dream was filled with highly saturated colors.


I began this dream on a country road that ran through the middle of a field. The wheat all around me was golden and beautiful, and the trees the were spread throughout the landscape were charmingly green. I was walking with my little brother and Jeff Kreider (my old camp counselor).

After several minutes of walking, we reached a small river flowing with water that matched the blue sky in color. The bank of this river was filled with various reds, greens, yellows, and oranges. Because of its sheer beauty, I decided to walk into the river.

I found the current of the river to be much more rapid than I had anticipated; however, I was able to float without expending any sizable amount of energy. It was similar to a face-paced lazy river (it would be better labeled as an ambitious river). I enjoyed the peace that came over me as I floated down the river. I saw beautiful birds, houses, and plants.

After several minutes of floating, I heard some splashing beside me. I looked toward the source of the noise and found out that it was a golden retriever swimming next to me. For the rest of my journey I floated next to the kindly dog and had a conversation with him about the beauty of our surroundings.

After I reached the end of the river (I did not know that was really possible), I walked back home. It was quite dark when I was back in my old home of Koontz Lake. When I arrived, my dad scolded me for returning so late and asked why I couldn't come home at the same time as my little brother. Apparently he had been there for several hours. I looked out the window and saw the golden retriever looking back at me.


Then I awoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment