Monday, September 7, 2009

Dream #47 (September 7, 2009)

This dream was visually stimulating.


The first part of my dream was located in a small community in the middle of a forrest. There were homes cut into trees, plenty of rope bridges, and a railroad.

In the beginning of the dream, I was in the basement of a tree. There were roots all over the walls and the floor, and it was difficult to move about. Apparently the house was my own, and I was preparing the house for a party that was supposed to take place there. A friend of mine from high school, Adam Pflugshaupt, (who, curiously, was in a dream of mine a few nights ago) was in the kitchen upstairs baking an enormous pan of garlic bread cake (a perfect desert in my mind). Unfortunately when I walked upstairs I encountered a very bad smell and black smoke; Adam had severely burnt the garlic bread cake.

Because of his mistake, Adam gave me an envelope of money to go buy some food from the local supermarket. When I walked out of the house I noticed how green everything was around me. On my way to the supermarket, I decided to walk along the edge of the wall by the railroad track. This particular track was laid about ten feet below the ground level and was walled off by cement. It was not the safest arrangement, for a person could easily fall down onto the track with little hope of escaping.

As I was walking I met up with a friend of mine from Bethel College, Shana Beers. When she saw me, she became very excited and ran over to me. She handed me a little yellow and green cupcake. When I reached out to grab the cupcake, however, I lost my footing and fell onto the railroad track, landing painfully on my back. I did not want to get up, but a distant train whistle gave me a sudden burst of energy (Sorry Paul Simon, but not everybody loves the sound of a Train in the Distance on all occasions).

I desperately attempted to jump out of the pit, but I just could not grasp the ledge of the concrete wall above me. So, not knowing what to do, I flattened myself against the wall. The train approached faster and faster until it came upon me. Luckily I was untouched by the train when it first passed me. Unluckily I was unable to move an inch, otherwise I would be swept away by the train.

After a ridiculous amount of cars, the train passed and I was able to get out of the pit (I found a ladder a little ways down the tracks). When I got to the top, Shana gave me another envelope that contained a letter from my brothers. In the letter they explained that they moved to Antarctica and wanted me to come visit their home. So I went over to the train station and got on the next train to Antarctica (that came very quickly).

Here the time jumped to my visit with my brothers. I was in their small wooden house amongst all the snow. We were all wearing bright red sweaters and black pants and were discussing about taking a hike to the ocean in the evening.

When it was about to get dark, both of my brothers and I started on our voyage to the ocean. It was quite a fun hike. We were even able to take off our sweatshirts and enjoy the beautiful weather. We ran around gigantic mounds of snow, slid down large hills, and threw snow balls at each other. We also brought pillows (mine was bright red, again) in case we wanted to sleep outside, but I got tired of carrying it, so I left it on the path with the intent of picking it up later. Finally, we reached to ocean front.

It was one of the most beautiful sights I have ever seen. There were green, purple, and yellow lights in the sky that were reflecting off the dark blue water. Together my brothers and I sang Acadian Driftwood and turned around and went home. On the way back, I tried to find my pillow, but it was nowhere to be seen. As the weather began to drop in temperature, we decided to forget about it and go back inside.

When we returned, we found our father and Uncle Keith in the garage working on the heater. As we all stood there talking, my brothers started asking me if I wanted to move in with them and forget about my house back in the forrest. I said I would sleep on it. My little brother suddenly became very hungry and walked back in the house and came back into the garage with a huge bowl of a cereal that resemble Lucky Charms.


Then I awoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment