Sunday, September 20, 2009

Dream #60 (September 20, 2009)

This is odd.


I began this dream with a mission. I was supposed to go to the local supermarket to purchase some sandwich materials for a ball that was going to be held at a mansion at which I was living at the time. Interestingly, the supermarket was no ordinary store; it also had an airport connected to it.

When I arrived at the combination supermarket/airport, I was distracted by seeing my old roommate Kevin Chupp there. He was returning from a flight arriving from California and I stopped and talked with him a while about usual stuff.

Then I returned to the mansion. When I arrived at the large black gate, I realized that I had forgot to fulfill my task, so I returned to the supermarket/airport. This time when I arrived, I saw Tim Bernsten waiting in the security line of the airport section having a heated debate with one of the customer service attendants regarding his ticket. Apparently they would not allow him on his scheduled flight because his ticket was 100 years old. Tim argued that his vintage ticket should be accepted because it said "09" (which actually stood for 1909).

Distracted by this phenomena, I again left the supermarket without the product I was supposed to purchase, so I returned once again. This time Kevin Chupp was there again, except he was in the supermarket section. When I went to talk to him (this time I picked out the sandwich stuff before allowing myself to be distracted) he started shoving tons of tater tots into my mouth as I desperately tried to swallow them before choking on them. Eventually I spat them out and ran to the cashier to make my purchase.

When I returned to the mansion, I tried to get into the black gate, but for some reason my access key was not working. Then I realized I was using the wrong key; instead of using my mansion key card, I was using my Michigan State key card (which I do not possess in real life). When I entered the enormous and gorgeous building, I gave the food to the host and went into a closet to change into some fancy clothes.

When I came out of the closet, I discovered that all of the guests (mainly old people dressed in very nice suits) had arrived. I proceeded to meander up to the balcony where I started doing a strange task. In front of me stood an oversized table covered with cups of grey stones. For one reason or another, I began to mix up the stones and move them from cup to cup.

After several minutes of this, the entire room of people became quiet and all attention was turned toward my direction, thanks to Dan Nettleton. Dan had walked up to where I was arranging the rocks and had begun teaching an object lesson with what I was doing. I don't remember exactly what Dan was talking about, but I do remember that he somehow related what I was doing to spirituality.

After Dan's little sermon, I walked with him back to the ground floor. Tons of people approached me in an unexpectedly excited manner. Apparently they were enthralled with my object lesson (which I had not planned in advance) and Dan's interpretation and spiritual application.


Then I awoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment