Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Dream #49 (September 9, 2009)

This is a little interesting.


Last night I dreamed that was blind. The funny thing is that it took me a while to notice. I was walking around my room at the Regent Commons in the dark, and I was unable to turn the lights on. However, I was still able to visualize in my head where things should be, so I went about my normal business. I ate cereal, talked to somebody who came to the room, and tried to get on the computer.

Finally, I realized that could not see. Instead of freaking out like most people would, I just accepted it right away. I decided then and there that I wanted to something crazy that blind people can't normally do, so I decided to become a professional boxer.

The next thing I knew I was boxing my first match. I was receiving a lot of press coverage due to the craziness of the bout. When the match began, I knew that I had to be quick and unpredictable so that I would not be hit. Right when the bell rang, I immediately began hopping and running around the ring, trying to be as random as I could with my movements. Then I realized that I also had to hit him if I wanted to win, so I occasionally leaped forward with a mighty uppercut.

For a long time I did not get hit. However, I did not hit my opponent either. After several minutes, I felt a slight tap on my arm, which caused me to pause for a moment, which then led to a swift blast in my face. I fell back, trying to reach the ropes behind me (which were not as close to me as I had predicted).

When I hit the floor, I did a summersault, spun around and faked a punch with my right and and used my left hand to do a wicked cross. I hit my opponent in the shoulder, and from there, I was able to let the fists fly.


Then I awoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment