Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Dream #66 (September 26, 2009)

Sorry for the delay.


This dream was particularly pleasing to me. First of all, I was a cast member, along with my mother and father, on Larry David's Curb Your Enthusiasm. Secondly, Paul Simon and Art Garfunkel were both special guests on the episode that was being shot during my dream. It was a dream come true (or maybe it was just a dream).

Early on in the dream, Art got his shots done, so he left (he walked home on a long dirt path). Then came Paul Simon's part. He did an excellent job acting (which surprised me). When he was done, I wanted to talked to him (how often does one find an opportunity to converse with Paul Simon?). Unfortunately I was struggling due to a fear of being seen by Paul as just another dumb fan. Right when I built up the courage to talk to him, my parents walked into the front door of what was supposed to by Larry's house in the show (which, in my dream, was much less extravagant than his previous houses; it was more like a trailer).

To make matters worse, my mom came up and hugged Paul. It was kind of awkward. I tried to whisper to my mother that he probably did not want to have physical contact with a stranger, but she did not seem to get the message.

Then Larry David walked in. It was time for my interaction with him on the show. This tuned out to be a lot of fun. Larry and I were able to feed off of each other's improvisation, and we got the shot on the first take with complete satisfaction. To my excitement, Paul had stayed to watch my performance, giving me a chance to finally talk to him.

We talked about generic subjects at first, and eventually I built up the courage to ask him if he was going to make a new album. He said that he was not sure, so I asked him if he was still writing. "Of coarse," he replied with his typical half smile.

During the entire conversation, I was dying inside. I desperately wanted his autograph, but I did not want to humiliate myself by asking for it. Finally, right before Paul left, I asked him. Without giving it a second thought, he whipped out his book of lyrics, signed it, handed it to me, and left. I was pleased.


Then I awoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment