Thursday, September 3, 2009

Dream #43 (September 3, 2009)

This dream is quite extensive and, for me at least, exciting. Unfortunately for my readers it is the longest dream description I believe I have ever had on this blog.


The beginning of the dream started off in a run-down, rusty 15 passenger van. My grandfather (my dad's dad) was driving the bus at full speed down the highway. A bunch of other 20-something-year-old people (guys and girls I do not know) and I were riding in the passenger seats.

Here is the back story that I knew coming into the dream that you need to know:

--All of us young people and my grandfather in the van were a part of a rebellion taking place in Virginia Beach. The lower class people of Virginia Beach were trying to form their own town. However, the Virginia state government would not allow this. In fact, they hired local people to become a part of a Virginia Beach Militia in order to choke the resistance. I chose, not surprisingly, to be on the side of the Rebellion.--

As we were riding in the van, we were trying to crack a coded message that we had intercepted from the leaders of the Militia. After much hard work, we discovered that the encoded word was a French word (it started with a B, but I am pretty sure that it was not a real French word). So, because none of us knew French, we stopped at a 7-11 off the highway so we could look it up on a computer we had.

Unfortunately we chose my grandfather (who is not exceptional at searching the internet, or at least he was not in my dream) to search the French word on the Internet. I went in with him so that I could assist him if he needed. However, after a few seconds on the computer, some leaders of the Militia that I recognized walked in. Not wanting to be in the store longer than the needed amount of time, I tried to convince my grandfather to let me look up the word, but just as he was letting me, I heard a scream come from the van outside. We had been discovered, and the Militia men were storming through the store searching for us (they were being quite ridiculous about it, turning over whole aisles of gas station food, throwing things around, etc.).

Just then, everything calmed down and everyone left. After a few seconds of relief, I noticed that water was beginning to build up on the ground below me. We were being flooded. The room quickly began to fill up, and I had nowhere to go. Somehow my grandfather had escaped outside, but I had no hope of that. Then I found a hatch below me. When I opened it, me and all the water around me dropped quickly down into a tunnel. I floated a little ways, but eventually the water ran out and I was able to walk.

After walking for a little while, I heard a loud voice say to me, "Joseph, you will fight for both sides in this war so that you will learn both sides." Confused as to where the voice was coming from I searched the tunnel only to find nothing. Next thing I knew, the tunnel opened up above my head and I crawled out. I was in the Militia camp. Fortunately there was an empty uniform near the place I crawled out, so I put that on and walked around the camp.

I heard people talking about how they wanted the war to be over and that they wish they did not have to be a part of this bloodshed. Yet they still blamed all their problems on the people of the Rebellion. I was starting to see another point of view.

Then I saw a familiar car off in the distance (it is not familiar to me in reality, however). So I decided to go over to it only to discover that it was a member of the Rebellion who was spying on the Militia camp. I decided to leave with him since he was a buddy of mine.

By now it was dark. We pulled up to a theater where a secret meeting was supposed to be held. To our surprise and dismay, we found that the place had been discovered by the Militia. We were then taken to center stage along with about 12 other members of the Rebellion. The Militia men proceeded to stone us. I was hit several times in the legs, neck, and face. It was a miserable experience. Next thing I knew, the ceiling opened above me (like when the tunnel opened above me) and a rope ladder fell from the roof. I climbed out of the torture before the Militia men knew I had escaped.

When I got to the roof, I found another Militia uniform. Once I put it on, a helicopter picked me up and took me to a Rebellion concentration camp of sorts.

At the prison camp there was a river of lava flowing through it, and members of the Rebellion were being forced to march down the river chained together as they carried large lava rocks. I was up on a platform with a bunch of other Militia men who were throwing little rocks down at the prisoners. I did not want to take part. Then I realized I was standing next to a friend.

Nathan Galvez was looking upon the abuse with regret. Apparently he was a part of the Militia, which threw me off guard. I said to him, "I don't understand how the Militia can do this to the Rebellion. After being on both sides, I think in the end I will side with the Rebellion." Then Nathan said to me, "I can see where you are coming from. However, because I will have been a part of the Militia for so long, I believe I will side with them in the end. It is not as bad as many make it out to be. Not everyone is like these fellows next to us." He pointed over to the men who were throwing stones at the prisoners. "In fact, we do not keep prisoners for more than a few months."

Next thing I knew I was away from the prison camp. I was setting up folding chairs and distributing bottled water at a convention being held by the Rebellion. Reverend Ken Chupp (from Indiana) was going to be talking to us about our calling to be in the Rebellion. It was then that I considered whether or not this was justified and if the church should support either side. Then a large battle broke out in the field behind the convention center.

When I rushed out there to see what was going on, I saw that the two sides were facing off. No fighting had actually yet begun, but I could see that it was about to start. Not wanting to see any bloodshed, I rushed onto the centerline of the battlefield that separated one side from the other (it was actually defined). I tried my best to persuade the people that an actual battle (which had not yet taken place in this war) would be foolish, and they would soon regret it.

My speech seemed to work at first. People began to lay down their weapons and listen to me. But then something terrible happened. One of the sides (I still do not know which one) fired off an explosive that killed many people that were standing right next to me, and it took from my both of my legs. I fell to the ground just as both sides began to rush at each other.

Blood was all around me. Because I no longer had my legs, I was forced to lay there on the ground as people fell to there deaths to my right and to my left. After many people had died or become mortally wounded, the few remaining people continued to fight. To my right was Dan Morgan, who had a grenade (it was actually an explosive gummy worm) and to my left was some woman who had no defense. Dan had been wounded and was barely able to move. Even so, he still managed to throw the grenade, which was very foolish because he would surely die by the explosion along with the woman and me.

Just as the grenade was about to hit the ground right in front of me, I awoke.


I do not know where such a dream came from. It was one of the most intricate and complicated dreams I have had for quite some time, and afterward I had to contemplate it for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment