Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Dream #364 (March 26, 2011)

I'm sorry for being late.


I dreamt that I was going to visit my brother Matt Baughman in Washington. I was living in a small apartment that resembled my brother's old bedroom in the basement. I had ordered plane tickets from Southwest Airlines, and was preparing for my flight.

Then I got a call from my dad, and he informed me that I had misread the itinerary, and that my flight was in an hour and a half. I didn't know what to do, for I was flying out of Chicago, which was over 2 hours away from my place. I called my younger brother Mike and asked him if he had made it there on time, and if he did, to go on without me. He didn't answer.

A couple minutes later, the doorbell rang, and I found Mike at the door. Apparently he had misread the flight information and was also too late. We decided to head to the airport anyway to see if we could find some sort of flight out there.

It didn't take long to get there for being over 2 hours away. The lobby area, where we were asked to wait until somebody could assist us, was enormous. The ceiling must have been seventy feet tall, and there were all kinds of high ropes (zip line, rock climbing, a huge net people were climbing on) and inflatable games inside. All of the people there were junior high and high school students that I recognized from substitute teaching at Oregon-Davis Jr./Sr. High School.

Mike and I waited on a bomb shelter that looked exactly like the one that was in my backyard when I was very young. Finally, an airport employee told us we had a flight.


We were immediately with my brother in Washington, though his house and yard was nearly identical to my parents' house. Mike, Matt, Brittany (Matt's wife), and I were eating dinner rolls when I heard a knock on the window. I went outside and saw a teenager with a bow drawn, aiming the arrow right at me. I dove out of the way just in time as the arrow flew over my back.

I sprinted into the woods for safety, for I figured the trees would be on my side. I found a good shelter from incoming arrows behind a big woodpile. The angry teen kept shouting at me, saying he was going to kill me. Then I decided I needed to strike back. I leapt over the woodpile after an arrow was fired and marched over to the guy. I must have scared him, for he fumbled around with his next arrow and dropped it on the ground. When I reached him (he was standing on a long wooden bench among many benches), I punch him in the face, causing him to fall to the ground. My brothers and Brittany then decided to come out and see what was going on. I continued to punch the guy.


Then I awoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment