Friday, March 18, 2011

Dream #357 (March 17, 2011)

Here is an interesting dream.


At the beginning of this dream, I drove from Virginia Beach back to Indiana by myself. I was visiting my parents home for Easter. My brothers (Mike and Matt Baughman) were both there, as were my parents, my cousin, Betsy Thomas (formerly Betsy Baughman), Amy Ennis (Prairie Camp co-worker), and my mom's sister.

When I first arrived, I went into the basement with Matt and Mike and we pulled out all of our old Fisher-Price toys (the pirates and knights with no eyes, if anyone remembers those) and began playing a game with them (something we actually did a couple of years ago). Then we heard our mother call, saying it was time for the annual Easter egg hunt. We all three dashed outside and looked for our designated egg color. My color was yellow.

After I found a couple of eggs, I saw Amy sitting behind the little garage in my backyard. I approached her to see if she was alright. She seemed fine, so I asked her where Bo was, for I wanted to see him (it's been quite a while since we last spoke). She said to me, "I spoke to him last night." For some reason, this made me cry (I don't cry that easily usually).

Then I remembered it was time to go back out East, for Brandon Kercher (more recent Bethel friend) had arrived at my house in a van and was honking his horn. Mike and I both got in.

Then Jason and Allyssa Suter pulled up in their blue car. Jason informed Brandon that he was going to lead the way.

After a while we were on a major highway that was elevated hundreds of feet above the ground. Traffic was bumper to bumper, yet all the cars were moving at 70 mph. It was nuts. As we were driving, I wondered how cops pulled people over on this stretch of road, for it seemed impossible to me.

Shortly after that thought, the road sloped downward and connected with a more normal road at the bottom. There, hundreds of cop cars were stationed, all of them aiming their speed guns at the cars coming in. One after another they would pull cars over.

Kerch didn't get pulled over, but he did pull off to the side of the road just to be safe. There was a big pile of snow there, and we became stuck.

Mike and I got out and pushed the van free. I then became distracted by all of the flashing light, and I wandered around in the snow aimlessly as if I were under a spell. A few moments later, I jumped back into reality (the dream reality, that is), I realized that the van was gone. I was relieved to see it a little was up the road. I ran up to it and wiped off the foggy window (hoping to see Kerch), but instead I saw a stranger and realized it wasn't the same van.

I looked around and saw no sign of Kerch, but I did find my brother sleeping on a pile of snow. I asked him what he was doing, and he said he was tired. I told him to call Kerch on his phone, but he didn't have his number. In fact, I had his number in my phone in the dream, but for some reason I enjoyed the fact that we had been left behind, so I acted as if I didn't have it.

There was a Bethel classroom on the side of the road that Mike suggested we look into to see if any of Kerch's friends were there (someone who might have his number). I wiped the fog off the window (as I had done with the van), and when I looked into it, I saw Chet Shepherd and Greg Fox staring back at me. I waved at them, and they waved back.


Then I awoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment