Friday, March 11, 2011

Dream #350 (March 10, 2011)

Here we go.


In the first part of this dream I was in an upper room of a cozy blue house. I was with Ryne Sweeney, Dan Hennigsmith, Justin Egger, and Nathan Ferch (all former Oregon-Davis basketball players from when I 'played' basketball in high school). We were playing Go Fish and eating popcorn.

After a few minutes, Ryne got a call and informed us that it was time to "get ready for the tournament." We put our cards up, walked over to the closet, got out our jerseys, and put them in our black duffle bags. Then we headed downstairs and outside where a 15 passenger van was waiting for us. We boarded it (Coach Reese was driving), and took off.

On the way I talked to Justin about his father and how he was doing. We went on to have a deeper conversation than we ever had in real life.

When that was over, Ryne began howling like a dog, and I noticed we had arrived at the gymnasium. When we entered the gym, we saw the competition warming up. They looked awful.


Then I entered a different dream.


I was disc golfing with my brothers (Mike and Matt Baughman), Brittany (Matt's wife), and my parents. After a couple of typical wooded holes, Matt and I began to play ahead. On the fourth hole, I launched my disc much further than I needed to, and it went into a thick forest of brush and briers. Matt then threw his even further into the mess than I did.

After some painful searching, I finally found my disc. We then saw what looked like a trail made from Matt's, and it led into an old log cabin. By that time our family had caught up with us, so we all entered the cabin.

It was trashed with candy wrappers (mostly Laughy Taffy and Now and Later wrappers). Even so, we found Matt's disc on the ground.

Right when Matt picked it up, a very young German Gestapo officer from World War II began shouting at Matt, claiming that he was responsible for the littering that had taken place there. He pinned him against the wall and said that he had to take Matt to the commanding German officer. Matt explained that he had nothing to do with the littering, and that he would not accompany the German to his officer.

The young guy began to weep, saying that he needed somebody to blame for this mess, otherwise he would be severely punished.


Then I awoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment