Sunday, January 2, 2011

Dream #302 (December 31, 2010)

This was real to me at the time.


I was in a large open room in which a bunch of people were sitting around, playing games, talking, and generally having a good time. The room reminded me of an old church classroom in which I used to take group naps with the rest of the daycare kids after school. Anyway, in the dream I happened to be playing some sort of playing card game combined with jacks with a few young lads.

After we each took a few turns, I, on my turn, bounced the ball too hard, causing it to bounce away from us. I dove after it, but tripped and fell through the nearby wall. After passing through the wall, I crashed onto a sandy beach where I saw an endless body of water.

I suddenly realized that I was wearing proper swimming attire, so I jumped into the sea and joined the few other people who were out there treading water. I asked them what they were doing, and they informed me that they were waiting for their leader. I asked who their leader was, but before I got an answer, Katie Zook (Prairie Camp coworker), followed by two other girls, came leaping down from the blue sky right in the middle of the circle that the water treaders had formed. She was their leader, and became my leader, and we all followed her to the shore and into a nearby beach house.

Inside the beautiful house was a tall and narrow staircase enclosed only by glass on all sides. There was a team of people there who were all wearing black spandex lined with purple, which led me to noticed that the group I was with was wearing black spandex lined with orange. We walked into the class enclosure, to the bottom of the staircase (which was quite crowded by then).

Suddenly a starter gun fired, and everyone there immediately ran up the stairs as fast as they could, fighting each other for position, up to the top of the stairs. When I got there, I realized that the top of the stairs led to a floor where there were several more glass-enclosed staircases. Now, these other staircases had items that everyone was after, for these items were worth points in some sort of competition that was going on.

I was quite good at this game, for I was able to leap over people and slide down the rails with ease, allowing me to collect several items of point value. When the whistle blew, everyone returned to the ground floor with all 0f the collected items, where they were to be counted.

Thanks to my skill in this game, the orange team won, and Katie Zook crowned me as the most valuable player (she literally placed a crown upon my head).

Then people began to leave as if it were no big deal.


Then I awoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment