Monday, January 24, 2011

Dream #318 (January 23, 2010)

I apologize for the absence. I haven't been with my computer for several days.


Last night's dream was interesting. The first part began at Prairie Camp. There were thousands of people there, and most of those people were in the tabernacle. I was running around trying to find Carrie Badertscher (the camp director) because I knew I was supposed to do something for all of the people, but I couldn't remember what. I finally found her inside of a cabin.

That cabin had a little putting green inside of it, and Carrie was standing on top of the hole. She looked at me and asked what I was doing away from the chapel. Then I remembered that I was supposed to be running camera there, so I ran out of the cabin and into the tabernacle. I manned a big TV camera there for several minutes.

Then I remembered that I was supposed to go onstage soon, so I ran up to the third balcony of the tabernacle (the real tabernacle is far smaller than the one in this dream) and told the program director that I needed to stop running camera for a while. Then I ran out of the tabernacle, into the nearby bathroom (what is called the "Rookie" bathroom), and changed into a tuxedo. I then walked back into the tabernacle and onto the stage.


Then I switched to a different, more exciting dream.


I was Sanjuro, the samurai from "Yojimbo" and "Sanjuro" (directed by Akira Kurosawa). I was standing in the middle of an upstairs bedroom in an ancient Japanese-style home. It was dark, and the room was empty except for me and my adversary. I looked about, with my hand on my samurai sword, waiting to draw it until I needed it, for I knew the sword would be easily visible if it were unsheathed.

Then my adversary leaped onto my back. I managed to roll him off as I drew my sword. As he landed on the ground, he too drew his weapon. We clashed and fought furiously, each gaining the advantage several times, but none of us ever conquering the other.

After a couple of minutes of intense battling, my opponent spoke, informing me that he was invincible. I didn't believe him until I jabbed my sword into his stomach and witness my opponent suffer no injury. I then slashed across his face, pulled back, and thrust my sword into his chest, and he still was not slain. He only laughed. I had to escape. Then I saw that there was a large window behind the villain, so I jumped up, grabbed a rafter, and swung a powerful kick into his chest, sending him flailing out the window.

I then ran to the ground level of the house and found dozens of captives there, all tied up. I began to untie them one by one, instructing them to flee and let me worry about the others.

After I had untied all but three people, my enemy returned. We again began to battle fiercely.

After a several back-and-forths in the fight with no end in sight, I finally had an idea. I let my enemy knock me to the ground. As he stood over me arrogantly, I, using my back, sprung into the air and chopped the man's head clean off. He wasn't dead, but I grabbed his head and threw it through a trap door in the floor.


Then I awoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment