Monday, January 17, 2011

Dream #315 (January 17, 2010)

I apologize for the lack of dreams lately. I was at the conVERGE Conference all weekend and got very little sleep (but I had a great time, not that people care, for this is a dream blog).


I dreamt that I was in the parking lot of a Meijer store. As I walked over to my car (which was a beat-up, old, rusty, brown Studebaker) I noticed that there was a man with nasty, long, black hair sitting on the roof of my car. When I got closer, I saw that he was sniffing cocaine.

He looked up at me and welcomed me to my car, and asked if I wanted to partake in his powder. I rejected his invitation. I then noticed that the hood of my car was up, so I walked up to the front of the car, with the intention of closing the hood, but, instead, I found a dude with long brown hair some sort of board game on my engine (there was enough room for him to sit down by it). He looked up at me and asked if I wanted to learn what he was playing. I had nothing better to do, so I consented.

The game involved a box of multi-colored sand and marbles. He was jumping pieces to matching colors of sand (the different colors were closed off by small walls within the box), then taking marbles and putting them into his pocket. I learned how to play in the dream, though now I have no idea how the game was played, or how it was even considered a game.

After a while of this, the cocaine sniffing dude from the top of my car came down and joined us, as well as Ethan (a high schooler from Koontz Lake Missionary Church). Then, out of nowhere, Ethan's mother pulled up in a van and, without getting out of her vehicle, scolded me harshly for being such a bad influence on Ethan. She commanded Ethan to get into the van, and he did. As she began driving away, I tried to stop her to explain what was going on. However, I lost my footing on the frozen blacktop and slipped, falling on my rear end. As I fell, I dropped the F-Bomb (definitely not a typical thing for me to do), which made Ethan's mother even more angry.

I then flashed forward to a meeting with Ethan's principal (I don't know why that had to take place). He began screaming at me.


Then I awoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment