Thursday, January 6, 2011

Dream #307 (January 6, 2010)

This wasn't too fun or exciting, but it was still strange.


I dreamt that I was in an extremely long hallway (I could not see an end on either side) with brown carpet and no ceiling or walls; everything around the hall was empty dark blue space.

There were hundred of people walking in the hallway, some walking one way and others walking the opposite way. There were some desks set up here and there, some arcades, a few small restaurants (completely open, of course), some living rooms, some bedrooms, and some offices. It was quite a sight to see.

After I had walked for quite some time, A giant tidal wave came crashing toward me, filling the hall with ten feet of water. Everything and everyone, luckily, was floating, and nobody was completely submerged. As I looked around, I saw several essays drift past me, all of which were handwritten in pencil and also graded with red ink. Though they were in the water, they weren't wet.

They were all essays for a class that was being taught by Brother Tim (a Bethel professor). I was also in the class, but I did not see my paper float by. When the teacher's assistant/secretary drifted past me, I asked her where my paper was.

"You never turned it in." (said with a New York accent)

I argued with her for a little while, but she was out of my vocal range (which is significantly smaller than that of most people) before long.

I floated there disappointed in myself. I didn't even really care when the water level dropped down and eventually disappeared completely. I walked over to a nearby bedroom, not lifting my head and barely lifting my feet. Right as I sat down on the warm mattress, a crazy old scientist popped into my dream from out of nowhere and began asking me where he was.


Then I awoke. I wonder if the scientist was a real person who actually found his way into my dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment