Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Dream #305 (January 4, 2010)

A three-part dream. None of the parts are related, on the surface anyway.


The first dream took place at a beautiful log cabin house in the middle of a magical forest in the middle of the night. There were dark green pine trees all about, and golden lights that had no visible source shown from the trees. I was with three other people, Eric Jensen (high school classmate), Sarah Konkey (another high school classmate), and Joanna Suter (Bethel student). We were all photography students Ms. Amy Paul (now Amy Schmeltz, who was my former high school newspaper/English teacher). We were at this cabin with an assignment to capture its beauty with the use of a camera. Eric and Sarah were partners, and Joanna and I were partners.

Eric and Sarah decided to take some pictures of the interior of the house, which had the most beautiful carpets, lamps, and decorations (I could see them from outside, for there were many large windows). While they were there, Joanna and I entered the forest in the rear of the house to take some photographs. As we walked, we saw some amazing things. There was a bird bath, sparkling with the reflection of the moon, that was surrounded a several small black birds. These birds were decorating the trees around the bird bath with ribbons and various silks. We soon passed through a gate, which opened for us to a brown path that ran through the forest.

As we begun taking pictures, we were joined by Ms. Paul, who was taking some pictures for herself. We were shooting with film, but every time we took a picture, I could see the photograph being developed in the dark room. It was a visually thrilling experience.


I soon jumped into another dream, though I was not ready to leave that one.


I was in a nasty backyard of an old school building. I had been chained up to an enormous dying tree as some sort of punishment for rebelling against the leaders of the establishment where I was formerly employed. It was raining outside, and I was quite miserable. I crawled into a rotted-out hole in the trunk of the tree (which I had avoided until then, for I was nervous about what else might be inside). Right when I did so, a bunch of bats flew out of the trunk, scratching up my face and arms on their way out, and scaring me severely in the process. However, it was not nearly as frightening as the badger that snapped at me a moment later. I held up my hands to shield my face and, to my great fortune, the badger missed my arms and bit my chain, snapping it in two.

I had been free, well, free of the tree at least, because there was a giant fence enclosing the yard completely, and I could not escape the yard, but at least I could move about freely. I found a spot near the fence that had a cement block by it, which gave me something to lean on. I fell asleep right away.

I woke up to the noise of footsteps. I looked above me and found a bunch of crazy-looking kids crawling through the bottom of the fence and into the yard. They hadn't noticed me, which was good, for there were about 100 of them inside the fence already. Then lighting began to flash and the kids began to viciously attack each other. Wait, I noticed that they weren't attacking each other. Apparently, while I was sleeping, about twenty teenage girls had found shelter in the yard and were sleeping there in pink princess sleeping bags.

The battle between the teen princesses and the vicious elementary school kids was interesting to watch, but, even so, I wanted it to stop. I made myself know and tried to create peace. However, the kids didn't like that idea, so they turned on me and began tearing my clothes and scratching at my arms and back (they couldn't reach my face).

I didn't know what to do. I decided to try to make peace still, so I began running to the injured kids (who had been knocked out by the teenage girls), picking them up, and putting them back through the hole in the fence they had made, all the while being torn up by the fingernails of the young violent kids. Finally, after I had assisted three of their kind, they got the point that I was trying to create peace, and they ceased attacking me. Not only that, but they stopped their assault upon the teenage girls and left back through the hole in the fence they had made.

The teenagers thanked me, then left through a hidden door in the school building.


Then, right as I was about to find my way out of the enclosure, I switched over to a different dream.


I was in the parking lot of California Road Missionary Church (where my dad used to be the youth pastor). A bunch of young adults, along with a few older guys (including my father and Dan Madison, who attends that church still), were preparing for a great journey. They were packing up clothes and other necessities in a van, for they were expecting to be gone for a long time. I believe that this journey involved great risk and danger, but that was all I knew about it. Just as we finished packing one van, we realized that another van was needed, so I went into the church (the interior of which looked more like Koontz Lake Missionary Church, where my dad now pastors) and grabbed, along with some wooden tables, a small square hunk of metal.

When I got to the parking lot, I set the tables down and presented the hunk of metal to my dad, who didn't know what it was for. So, I began to unfold the metal and, after a few minutes, I had revealed a 15-passenger van that had the potential to be packed very tightly. My dad was amazed at the contraption, but worried that, because it had such potential to fold up, it would not be a safe vehicle to drive, especially in an accident. I assured him that it had very advanced locking mechanisms and metal superior to any on earth.


Then I awoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment