Monday, January 17, 2011

Dream #314 (January 13, 2010)

A dream (posted a few days late).


I was riding in the front of a train . The entire train carried passengers, and the entire train was made up of cars that had no walls. They were just flatbed cars with rails on the sides to keep people from falling off. I was smoking a pipe in peace, looking at the beautiful rural scenery around me. Also riding in the front were Carrie Badertscher and Amber Kreider (Prairie Camp People), and they were discussing something important (maybe).

The train slowed down, then stopped by a white train station. A few people got off, and a few others boarded (everybody looked like they had come out of an old Western movie), then the train began to move again. It was then that I noticed a little girl trying to board the train as it gained speed. I knew that she was never going to make it on her own, so I jumped out of my comfortable seat in the front car and ran to her aid. I picked her up, sprinted as fast as I could (in view of what I was carrying), then leaped onto the connection of a couple of passenger cars. As I began to slip, I managed to throw the girl onto the passenger car behind me, which resulted me falling backward, landing in the gravel by the rails. They girl had made it, but I still needed to board.

I ran back toward the train, which was moving at a much faster speed than before, and I managed to catch one of the last cars as I jumped toward it. I didn't quite calculate my landing correctly, which caused me to crash into a bunch of passengers. As we got up, wiping the wood chips from our coats (that is what the floors of the cars were covered with), I recognized that I knew the people I had run into. They were Ben, Jen, David, and Jessica Smith, Reed and Claire Lyons, and Neil and Jamie Silveus. They were happy to see me, and we sat down and talked for a while.

After a hardy conversation, I parted with my friends and made my way back up to the front of the train, where I resumed my pipe smoking and scenery observation.


Then I awoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment