Friday, April 23, 2010

Dream #190 (April 23, 2010)

This was kind of fun.


Last night's dream had a particularly odd set-up. I was in a dark room in a large hotel, but that is not really where the dream took place. As I sat in near darkness, I had in my hands a sort of advent calendar (though it was not for advent). Each time I opened one of the parts of the large cardboard thing, I would pull out an item that would coincide with the main part of the dream. The very first thing I pulled out was a stingray.

I was the aqua blue stingray, and I was flying around in an indoor field. There was another stingray, an orange one, and it too was flying around (there was no water and much grass). Then I pulled a whale out of the advent calendar thing. In the surreal world, the whale was locked in a closet full of water. Now, from this point on, until near the end, I remained in the other world as the stingray.

Not only was the whale locked in, but everything in the indoor field was imprisoned. All three of us (the stingray me, the other stingray, and the whale) wanted freedom, but we could not attain it. We were also starving, because we were only fed seaweed. The person who fed us this grotesqueness was an elderly and evil woman. She waddled in with the food, dropped it off, swore at us, then waddled out.

We were growing tired of this lifestyle, so the other stingray, the whale, and I devised a plan. We would trap the old woman and steal her keys.

The next day, when the old woman came along, we were ready. As she unlocked the cabinet in which the whale was kept, the other stingray and I stabbed her in the back of both knees with our tails, and the whale sucked her into his mouth. We helped the big guy out of the cabinet, then he spat the woman into where he was formerly imprisoned, and we locked her in.

We had succeeded. We realized that we forgot to get the keys to the indoor field from the woman, but it didn't matter, for she left the door open. We all flew outside to a green and beautiful field. It was expansive, and there was only beauty there. Far more animals were walking around, mainly horses, but there were also many schools of fish that swam by every now and then.

As the three of us former captives flew about, we began to grow hungry. The other stingray and I saw a school of fish and began swimming for it, ready to eat our full. However, we were stopped short by the whale, who informed us that he was a vegetarian and pacifist, and he did not want us to murder any innocent beings. Frustrated, we let him have his way, because there was no way we could out power him.

A couple of short days went by, and I was getting increasingly hungry. Finally, I folded and ate some fish as they swam by, trying to be as discrete as possible. However, the whale caught me, and tried to stop me. He even sucked me into his mouth as punishment, spitting me out a minute later.

I could not stand this vegetarian whale any longer, and neither could the other stingray, so we came up with another plan to get what we wanted. We guided the whale into the indoor field where we were once imprisoned, then we shut him in there.

Well, our victory was short lived, for the whale released the old lady, who then locked all three of us up in the cabinet where we held her. It was very uncomfortable.

My mind then returned to the dark room, where I was looking at a miniature of the cabinet, bursting at the seams because of its contents (a whale and two stingray).


Then I awoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment