Saturday, April 3, 2010

Dream #170 (April 3, 2010)

Another interesting dream, probably a result of what I ate about an hour before bed combined with my already strange subconscious.


The first dream took place in some sort of odd overpopulated version of Greenbrier (near Virginia Beach, VA). It was the middle of the night, and I was parking my car in the parking lot of a two story Taco Bell. Actually, the Taco Bell was on the second floor of a two-story building. The first floor was an empty, wallless place with a dirt floor.

After I parked the car, I climbed the trashy metal stairs up to the Taco Bell, expecting to meet my friend Nathan Galvez there. When I got inside, I was surprised to discover that the Taco Bell doubled as a club in the middle of the night. There were all kinds of bright and colorful lights flashing, and there were all kinds of occasionally visible people dancing and eating tacos. However, none of those people was Nathan Galvez. As I searched for him I was often embarrassed by taping strangers on the shoulder, mistaking them for people I know.

After many failures I returned to my car and drove around aimlessly for a while. When I could not find anyone, I called Nathan. He informed me that he was indeed at Taco Bell, so I turned the car around and went back. When I got back, I went to the first floor instead of the second, thinking I would have better luck there. I was wrong. I only found pillars and dirt.

Then I was suddenly in a different dream. I was sitting through a college lecture on the stage of a theater. On this stage were many theater seats, and the curtain was blocking the students from seeing anything. Only a few moments into the lecture, the professor (wearing a brown sweater-vest and glasses) left the front of the class and drew back the curtain, revealing a blue sky with white clouds. We were in the air.

Then I was taken into yet another dream. Now this is very strange, both hard to follow and hard to explain. Anyway, I was in a Tim Burton film. Even so, I had no idea what was going to take place next. It was as if I was watching the film and being in the film at the same time. I was even critiquing the camera shots and other movie elements as the dream progressed. To make things even more strange, I was a six-foot-tall Kermit the Frog wearing a pirate's outfit, and Nathan Galvez and I were walking through the eerie first floor of the Taco Bell in the first part of the dream. As we walked through, several ghosts passed by us, not acknowledging our existence. Everything was in black and white except for me and a few occasional uses of color. Then a Christmas tree attacked Nathan and I. Though it was in black and white, it had a red Santa hat on. It quickly wrapped Nathan and I up in its branches and began choking us.


Then I awoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment