Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Dream #153 (March 17, 2010)

Layers.


The first dream section took place in a prisoner barracks next to a thick woods. The era was the early 1900s, and there were three prisoners: Morgan Freeman and two other old white guys. I was a guard at the prison, but, in my dream memory, I often had long and thoughtful conversations with the inmates. I was especially fond of Morgan Freeman, who often traded me special candy he received from his family back home for cigarettes.

On this particular cloudy day in the dream, I decided that I would free Freeman and the other guys because I found out from a letter I received that day that the head officer at the prison was planning on executing all of the prisoners. I snuck up to their barracks, looked through the barred window, and passed them the key to the place, encouraging them to wait until nightfall to sneak out.

Then I switched into a different dream. I was playing laser tag (a very extreme version of the game, complete with a full body suite and an obnoxiously enormous gun) in a large abandoned warehouse. The interesting thing was that I was actually fighting 'bad guys.' They were criminals and I was a law officer, but we all had laser tag suites and weapons, so none of us were injured. Somehow I still believed that I could have arrested the two men.

I went all out in this particular laser tag battle; I jumped over green metal cans, ran through boxes, leapt over little fences, and successfully completed many summersaults. Finally, in the end of that part of the dream, I was able to sneak up on the criminals and apprehend them.

I then entered the next part of the dream, in which I was walking with Amber Kreider and David and Carrie Badertscher (who work at Prairie Camp), explaining the laser tag dream to them as if I was fully conscious. We were walking down a dirt road that ran through a brown field of wheat. It was very sunny and warm, I remember. Anyway, I had no idea that I was indeed dreaming at the time.


After I finished recalling the other dream, I woke up (for real this time, I believe).

No comments:

Post a Comment