Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Dream #152 (March 16, 2010)

When I woke up this morning, I didn't remember even a brief moment of this dream. However, as I was getting dressed, I had a memory flash of my boxers being stuck in the trunk of a car, which triggered several other memories of last night's dream into my head. Thank you, underwear.


The dream was rather surreal, which is really nothing new to my subconscious. It all took place in a beautiful field of grass on a gorgeous sunny day. There were several hundred, perhaps even a few thousand, people gathered together, all standing around in different areas.

There were all kinds of different activities going on; in one part of the field some folk were hosting a masquerade party; in another part, there were clowns putting on a show for some kids; in yet another part, there were some youth pastors trying to be funny but failing to make people laugh. There were also many other things happening: basketball tournament, hockey, a jug stomping concert, a barbeque, a balloon launching, a much more.

I was desperately trying to prepare for the basketball tournament. I jumped into the trunk of my parents' Buick LaSabre, shut it, and changed from my nice clothes (which I only wear when I substitute teach) into my athletic shots and jersey. I snapped my rec specs onto my face and leaped out of the trunk. It was then that I realized I was not wearing any underwear, for I saw the boxers (the dark green pair I own) stuck in the latch of the trunk. I considered trying to get them out, but then I decided to leave them there. I had to remind myself of their whereabouts several times so that I would not forget them and leave them their forever (which may be why I remembered there whereabouts this morning).

I ran over to the basketball court where the tournament was taking place, but I found out that there were all ready enough people to play, so I was not needed. I went and walked around the large field of grass, trying to find something else to do.

After receiving a llama-shaped balloon, given to me by a clown, I discovered a basement in the field. I don't know if natural basements exist in real life, but there was one in my dream, and it was pretty cool. It was also literally cold, causing me to turn purple, shake, and shiver.

As I wandered further into the basement, the things around me decreased slowly in visibility until I could no longer see anything.


Then I awoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment