Monday, March 15, 2010

Dream # 151 (March 15, 2010)

I guess I needed the exercise.


My dream began in a large parking lot in the middle of a wheat field.

I was there waiting. As I waited, I rode my bright red bicycle in circles, which I did for several minutes. Finally, a red sports car pulled into the parking lot, followed by a white van. Out of the sports car came Katie Zook (fellow employee at Prairie Camp), Ryan Sweeney (an old classmate and teammate of mine in high school), and several other people.

Everyone present at the parking lot, except for me, all gathered around the back of the white van, and each pulled out a bike to ride. When we were all ready, I led the group and we began to ride down the asphalt road.

We went for miles and miles, at quite an impressive pace. There were several hills, but other than that, the only scenery to be seen were trees, grass, and fields (not that I do not appreciate those things). At the end of the ride, we reached a large wooden playground. I was about a quarter mile in front of everybody else, so I dismounted from the bike and began running. Next, Katie yelled to me that I only had about ten seconds left to reach the brick building at which I was running.

I knew I had to sprint at full speed if I was going to make it. Nick Hofferth (my little brothers classmate in high school) was playing on the playground, and he told me I would never make it. I had to prove him wrong.

However, when I tried to sprint, I found that I could not. This mental block that prevented me from running as fast as I could has plagued me in many dreams, and it drives me crazy. I know I can run much faster, but something keeps me from reaching my full potential.

The time ran out when I was about fifty meters from my goal.


Then I awoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment