Thursday, March 11, 2010

Dream #147 (March 11, 2010)

Music.


The dream began with my little brother (Mike), my neighbor (Morgan), and Mike's classmate (Matt Richie), and we were all outside of a large building that resembled a warehouse. We were on some sort of journey, trying to find some sort of artifact. We decided to enter the building.

The inside, which had strange purple/pink carpet and a very high ceiling, was a combination of an instrument store and Chuck E. Cheese's. It was weird. Near the front of the store was the place where tickets could be cashed in for junky prizes (with impossible-to-get cool stuff on display just to get people's hopes up). There were also a few arcade games in the store, as well as Ski Ball and the Ninja Turtles golf ball game I remember from my childhood. To go along with all that, there was a massive plastic ball pit in the rear of the store, and in the middle of the ball pit was a colorful mary-go-round. Also scattered about the room were various organs, pianos, and African percussion instruments.

Morgan and I immediately found our way to the keyed instruments, with Morgan on a black grand piano and me on a sweet pipe organ. Mike darted over to the African drums. He began playing a rhythm, Morgan began laying down some jazz chords, and I wailed away on the organ like Billy Preston on speed. Matt Richie jumped in the ball pit and played around in there for a while, though there was nobody to push him on the mary-go-round.

After the awesome jam session, Morgan, Mike, and I all started playing various arcade games. I especially like this baseball one in which I had to throw baseballs at various things that popped up. It had a similar game mechanic to Whack-a-Mole.

After I finished that, I jumped ahead in time (I think) to a muddy and grassy field. Morgan and Mike were still with me, but Matt had been replaced by his little brother Nathan.

This field was indeed muddy, for I could not even see my feet below me. Furthermore, the grass was at least five feet long, I could not see anything for miles in any direction. I had no hope of ever getting out of the mess.

Fortunately my dream saved me and transported me into yet another part of the dream. I was in Alik Hall's basement (he was a friend of mine in high school and my first year of college). There was a crazy black light party going on, and a fat green alien was dancing in the middle of the room on a light-up stage.


I was only in that part of the dream for a few moments, for I woke up right after I realized what was going on around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment