Sunday, March 14, 2010

Dream #150 (March 14, 2010)

Here.


In the first part of the dream, Alec Baldwin (the skinnier version of himself) was chasing orphans around in a white convertible.

The first setting looked similar to my black light stop-motion sets that my friend David and I created a couple of weeks ago. However, all of the miniatures were life-size. Because everything was lit with black lights, the white convertible, along with Alec Baldwin's white suite, possessed an eerie glow.

The car slowly pulled up to me and parked. Alec leaned his head out of the side (I noticed he was smoking a ridiculously large cigar) and laughed menacingly at me. He explained to me that he was going to find all of the orphans and disclose their secrets (this is all I know about the plot, so I'm just as confused as any reader, if there are any, would be). He then ignited the car and sped away, leaving me to think how I was going to warn the orphans.

In order to keep up with Alec, I hopped on my little blue moped (I put a helmet on, of coarse), and chased him.

He led me to a strange snowy entrance to an apartment building in New York City. Behind a snow drift, a little girl, wearing all brown, tattered clothes, was playing with a mangy orange cat. Alec pulled up next to her and asked her several questions as I simply looked on, helpless to help her. Out of the blue, the little girl began shouting at Alec, and the orange cat transformed into a snow god of sorts. It flew around in a cloud of snow and hurled snow lightning (this is the first I've heard of such a thing also) at Alec as he sped away in his car.

It was at that moment that I was transported to a different dream. I found myself in the basement of David and Carrie Badertscher (it didn't look anything like their basement in real life, for it was much more spacey with a lot more furniture, though the carpeting was similar). There was a party going on down there, and a lot of people were walking about with cake and punch. In spite of the crowd, baby Stella (David and Carrie's baby) and I were away from everyone else, talking. Now, Stella can't exactly talk yet, but in my dream she was saying several phrases far advanced for her age. She talked to me about how punch was overrated and how I should spend the night at the Badertschers' so I could play toys with her the next day. Interestingly enough, I didn't know at the time that Stella could say so many words in such a coherent way (though she did have a few grammatical slip-ups). I rushed upstairs and found Carrie immediately, explaining to her what Stella was saying.

Instead of being surprised at Stella, she sided with her, and told me I should indeed spend the night at there house so I could go to church with her in the morning. She argued that she lived right next to the church (I was getting the Badertscher house confused with my family's old house in Elkhart).


Then I awoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment