Sunday, February 21, 2010

Dream #129 (February 21, 2010)

Interesting.


In my dream last night I was shooting a film. My two actors, Nathan Galvez and Jonathan Ayee (both friends from Virginia Beach), and I were on a pirate ship in the middle of a frighteningly stormy ocean. I was not there because of the film, for that is where the three of us lived in my dream.

This film was not something I am too proud of, for it was one of those kinds where the main characters are extremely stupid and random (it had low level humor). There weren't too many memorable scenes that I shot over the course of the dream. I do recall having Jon Ayee jump through a wooden wall in the ship onto the deck, which was actually a pretty cool shot (I was shooting on 16 mm film). There were several other shots of a meal with the two characters at a large dinner table on the ship.

I do remember one particular scene very well. Nathan, who was wearing ridiculous earrings, which had clusters of tiny oranges on them and dangle down to his neck, and Jon were supposed to pick up a real orange off the ground, stare at it for a beat or so, scream in a typical dumb comedy way, then take off running. Right when we were ready for the shot, I started doubting the comic effect that the orange would have, so, as the director, I decided to switch the orange prop out with a little alien Barney head (I had several nearby). Nathan did not like this decision, and he threw quite a fit, arguing that oranges are extremely funny. I, on the other hand, thought that people wouldn't really even be able to determine what it was and that I would laugh at one of those alien barney heads without any other explanation. Because Nathan disrespected me in front of Jon Ayee, I made him do twenty push-ups.

Then I had to leave the ship for a moment. This does not fit in any way, but I became a toy that was a part of Toy Story 4. I was with a bunch of other toys who were staying absolutely still in a large living room so that the owner would not catch us. I noticed an old female toy beside me winking at me, and I was very disturbed.

I again found myself on the ship. Nathan had decided to take a break, and Jon Ayee was a little boy. I mean, he went from being in his twenties to about age 10 or 11. He even had a little fro. I've never seen even a photograph of Ayee from when he was a child, so this look is completely made up by my subconscious. I tried to explain the next shot to little Jon, but he was quite squirmy, and he would not listen.


Then I awoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment