Monday, September 6, 2010

Dream #250 (September 6, 2010)

2.5 hundred dreams blogged.


This dream took place in a post-war United States of America. The whole country had been bombed by an unknown force, and there were very few survivors. I was residing in a town that was made up of tents and clay houses assembled atop the rubble of the buildings that once made up the city. There were shards of glass, old paper, ashes, and large rocks all along the streets. I wish that I could better describe the area. There was no liquid of any kind to be seen. Everything had a brownish-red coloring, and the sun felt brighter than ever, yet colder than ever.

I was walking along through all of this with the goal of arriving at the only supermarket in the city to buy the groceries for the week. When I was almost there (it was the only normal looking building, for it was intended to bring back feelings of nostalgia for the 'old' America), I ran into Amber Kreider, who also intended to shop for groceries. Amber insisted that she help me find and make my purchases, and after a little bit of resistance, I allowed her to do so.

We entered the store, snagged a couple of shopping carts, and made our way through the aisles. There were no packaged goods in this place, only dry grains and vegetables. I picked up some lettuce, peppers, carrots, and oatmeal and was satisfied with what I had. Amber, who had to feed her child and Jeff, took a little longer picking out her food, so I had to wait a little bit for her to finish, but it did not bother me. When she was through, we walked through the checkout line, which was calculated by a man of Middle Eastern descent using a pencil and notebook. Amber graciously paid for my food.


Then I awoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment