Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Dream #216 (May 19, 2010)

Back on track.


I dreamt that I was attending a midnight speech at Prairie Camp (though the place looked nothing like P.C.). While most people sat on blankets in front of the stage lit by arena lights, I decided to sit under a big red monster truck. To be more rebellious, I listened to my little pink iPod as a hip elderly woman gave her speech. I zoned out during the entire speech.

When I realized it was over, I discovered that I had fallen asleep and it was the following morning (though it still was dark as night). Carrie and David Badertscher were cleaning up the blankets and the popcorn bags that had been left on the ground. I immediately got up and ran away.

As I ran, I realized that my phone, iPod, wallet, and keys were all missing from my pockets (which is no surprise, for I wear athletic shorts a lot; I've been warned of this many times by my jean-wearing friends). I ran back to under the monster truck and searched in the grass. I told Carrie that I knew this would happen to me.

As I felt the grass, I found everything I had lost except for my keys, which were on an Alf keychain. I was about to give up hope when I saw a lost-and-found basket sitting near one of the back tires of the truck. I looked in it and immediately found my phone (which is, in real life, still lost from when I left it on top of my friend's Jeep).


Then I awoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment