Thursday, May 13, 2010

Dream #210 (May 13, 2009)

This was kind of crazy.


In last night's dream, I was riding, in the middle of the night, down Indiana 23 (which runs by my house) with Dan Jeter and Caitlin Geeslin. The road was much busier than it really is, and there was actually a night life in my dream. In a way, the streets resembled the busy markets I saw in Hong Kong, though there were far more people there than in my dream.

After we rode past the curves by Koontz Lake, we headed for the Slushee shop (that doesn't really exist), hoping that it would close and we would be able to shoot a stop-motion animation there, using the Slushee machines. Well, when we arrived, the place was busy as ever, and many of the customers were students I had had whilst I was a substitute teacher at Oregon-Davis Elementary and Jr./Sr. High Schools. The kids were particularly mean to my friends and I (one short red head was beating me with a broom handle), and the Slushee place didn't look like it would close any time soon, so Caitlin, Dan, and I rode away on our bikes.

We then rested in the parking lot of Territorial Engineering, which is where I worked while I was in high school. As we talked to each other, Reed Lyons and Jessica Smith rode up with jousting poles. Jessica handed each of us a pole as Reed, with great excitement and pride, showed off his specially crafted pole. The one I received was simply a pool stick, which would not hold up against the light-weight metal of Reed's jousting pole. He asked me if I wanted to joust, but I turned him down.

Caitlin, Dan, and I then rode to the church. We entered into the sanctuary, which looked much more like a large stadium than Koontz Lake Missionary Church, and found some seats. Somehow Dan and Caitlin ended up sitting in the front row near the right of the stage, while I ended up clear in the back row in the center. There were not nearly as many people where I was. Terry Ferch (my neighbor) was holding a young girl, but other than them, I was alone.

Suddenly a very cheesy short church movie played on the big screen. I don't remember much of it, other than it was about sharing. Then my dad, who was supposed to be the opening act for the children's program, put on a three-hour magic show. It was obnoxious. He did everything from cutting up ties, to making doves appear out of nowhere, to guessing things written on pieces of paper in the hands of various audience members. I was so embarrassed, and I wished that Caitlin, Dan, and Nathan Galvez (who suddenly appeared in my dream) could meet my father under different circumstances.

To make matters worse, my father was wearing a sombrero and a Mexican blanket.

As he dug himself into a deeper and deeper hole, I began to pay less and less attention to him. I started talking to Terry. When I asked her whose daughter the girl in her lap was, she told me to guess. When I could not come up with an answer, she told me the girl was the daughter of Jennifer, her daughter (though she has no older daughter named Jennifer; in fact, the image of this "Jennifer" that came to my mind in the dream resembles Jenna, my RA last year). I told Terry that I should have seen the resemblance.


Then I awoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment