Monday, February 14, 2011

Dream #330 (February 14, 2010)

This was odd.


I was going on a journey in this dream. In the dream I was none other than Bilbo Baggins. I was traveling with 13 dwarves and with Gandalf through a dark green mountainous region. The area was foggy, rocky, and dangerously slippery. Oddly enough, the texture of the rocks we were climbing resembled clay, for our feet would sink in a bit, and it was more malleable than stone.

After a long and quiet journey, I became separated from the group (the fog was thick, and I couldn't see where I was going). I became nervous, but I continued onward. Eventually I ran into a tall spire, around which was a staircase of clay. I climbed this staircase, hoping to find friendly people there (I should have known better). Before I got all the way up, I was snatched by two 10-foot-tall fish men who were wearing armor, each carrying a spear and a shield that matched their greenish purple scales. As the began to drag me up the spire, Gandalf burst onto the scene in a flash of light, and he struck down the two guards. "Follow me, though I don't know my way around these parts, for I have not been here for many ages."

I listened to him, but I quickly lost sight of him.

Then I took on an omniscient perspective in the dream and saw the great Gandalf get captured by the fish people. He was taken to the fish king, who ordered him to be imprisoned. They dragged him into a small cell.

Many days passed. Then the guards cut Gandalf's beard and hair, leaving him with a buzz cut of short black hair (he looked like a thirty-five-year-old man rather than an age-old wizard). He was taken before the fish king once again. There Bilbo, who had snuck into the fish king's throne room by use of his magic ring, created a clamor and a distraction, which gave Gandalf time to break free from his chains. He was able to escape with Bilbo, and he rejoined the group of dwarves on their journey.


Then I awoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment