Monday, February 14, 2011

Dream #329 (February 12, 2010)

A crazy, movie-like dream.


I began the dream driving in my car late at night. I was tired (for it was 2 a.m.), so I stopped in a fairly small city to sleep (the part I parked in looked similar to Walkerton, Indiana, but the city in my dream was significantly larger).

When I got out of my car (I had parallel parked), I noticed that, other than the other parked cars and buildings, the background was pitch black, and there was no life. I walked about a block and noticed a man with a visor riding around in a moped, stopping at parked cars, and leaving notes on the windshield. He came up to a car a few in front of mine, and I asked him if he was a cop. He said he was not, but he was an officer of the city who had to ride around and leave "parking suggestions" on cars that were not parked properly. He said he couldn't give out "real parking tickets," but he could work to improve people's parking.

As I left the man to his business and walked further into the dark city, I heard the parking officer shout to me, saying that I should not go into the city on that night, for he had sensed a bad omen. I thought the city looked peaceful enough, so I did not heed his advice.

After about a mile of walking, I came upon what the parking guy had warned me about. There were two great groups of teens standing on opposite sides of the middle line of the city (both groups were standing on the main street of the city, facing each other). One group was wearing all white shirts, and the other was wearing all black shirts. Nobody was speaking; there was only staring.

After I watched the stare-off for a while, I asked one of the guys in the back of the crowd of white-shirts what was going on (he looked like a guy who didn't want to be involved). He informed me that the first gang war of the city was about to take place. He feared that it would be violent, and would result in a lot of death, so he was hoping the anger would subside, but he was doubtful. About a minute after he told me this, the fighting broke out.

I was in the middle of it all. Knives were being thrown, baseball bats were being swung, and guns were being fired. I saw blood pouring down the streets, and I feared for my own life, so I ran into a nearby dentists office. Unfortunately, the violence had spread, and I witnessed a black-shirt stab a white-shirt to death, only to be smashed in the face by a baseball bat when he had finished his killing.

I ran out of that building to a nearby office, which was also overtaken by the violence. There was no escape anywhere I went, so I just continued to run to avoid being struck down.

After a lot of running about, the fighting suddenly turned into a stalemate. Everyone involved took shelter in various offices and houses throughout the city, waiting for a signal that would tell them if they were going to fight again or put an end to it.

I continued to run for a while, hoping to escape the violence altogether. However, the small green house I entered wasn't empty (why did I expect it to be?). There was a 30-year-old man in there, a detective, and he was interrogating one white-shirt and one black-shirt. He saw me, and noticed I wore no colors, so he asked me what I was doing. I told him my story, so he told me his. They guy had discovered that all the fighting was over a giant load of cocaine, and he was getting some new information from a couple of thugs he had brought in.

I then went to the kitchen to find a snack. After grabbing a box of crackers, I walked back out, and, to my surprise, I saw two women F.B.I. agents (who happened to be lesbians) searching the place up and down. They found the detective and the two suspects he was interrogating and arrested all of them, not believing even the badge of the detective. I felt bad for him, but I knew I could get caught, so I hid under a kitchen cabinet. Somehow, as the lesbian agents searched through the house for cocaine and other incriminating evidence, they didn't manage to find me.


As they were leaving, I awoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment