Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Dream #89 (January 12, 2010)

Long time no dreams. Well, actually I have been dreaming, but I have been forgetting them very quickly/I have been busy if only in the mornings when I wake up/I have lost motivation for posting my dreams (I thought that I was the only one looking at them, which should be enough motivation in itself). All that aside...

Last night's dream was so bizarre that I cannot let it pass while keeping an undisturbed conscience (and I have been persuaded to start this thing back up again by Deighluh).

This dream began in the fellowship hall of my church. There was a large party going on (it seemed to me like a birthday party, for pin the tail on the donkey was being played in the Northwest corner). Numerous people were playing numerous games, and it seemed like they were all having fun. However, I sat at a table (that resembled only the lunch tables I ate at when I was in high school) with Michael Card (interestingly enough, I used to think he was dead until this year) and Jeff Kreider, saying nothing and keeping to myself, having no fun at all.

I sat there for several minutes, not even once taking advantage of Michael Card's presence. Finally, in the midst of all the chaos and euphoria in the room, Chuck Zook, an old friend of mine, approached me with a large box of orange, fried chicken wings. He said to me, "Have a ball," Then he began shoving the chicken in my mouth. Though it was quite tasty, I found myself choking and gagging, then leaving the fellowship hall in anger.

I next found myself in the third story of a large mall/shipyard. There were escalators everywhere (which comforted me; the escalator is the only thing in a mall that brings me joy), and I took advantage of them. After several free and exciting rides, Professor Keuthan took me aside and told me that our ship was leaving.

Together we walked down to our ship, entered it, and climbed into its hold, which was dark, musty, and disturbingly quiet. Next, Keuthan handed me a kettle that I did notice he was carrying, which contained my family's dog, Penny (his dog in the dream), and shoved me into a trap door, which dropped me into a tight, dark, and raunchy space that I desperately tried to flee.

I shouted at the top of my lungs, which are pretty shallow, so nobody heard my cries.


After several minutes in the darkness, I awoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment