Saturday, January 16, 2010

Dream #93 (January 16, 2010)

The following was not a bad dream, though it was not particularly great.


In the beginning I was creating a stop-motion film. The subject of the short was a live squirrel that I was somehow able to manipulate. My assistant was a young, chubby kid, who had built me a sand castle in the middle of a dark forrest lit by several torches here and there.

After a successful time of shooting, things began to go wrong; the squirrel stopped cooperating, the wind picked up and became almost dangerous, and the little boy managed to fall onto the sand castle, raising it to the ground. I finally gave up after the final mishap.

I next found myself on a beach (it was still very dark out, with a few lights coming from torches that were suspended in space). I was again making a stop-motion animation, this time with a hispanic adolescent as my subject. The guy was rather easy to work with, with a pleasant disposition at all times. After shooting some very neat long-exposure shots with my hispanic subject, some of my old friends and acquaintances, including many old Prairie Camp counselors, whom I was not too excited to see at the time, showed up and began asking me if they could be in the short film. Because I'm a pushover, I allowed them each to have their own part.

Unfortunately, because stop-motion takes a lot of patience, everyone began to get antsy, which ruined several shots. Finally everyone quit and began to play in the ocean, which ruined where I was shooting.

Upset, I sat down at the edge of a nearby dock, watching everyone else have fun in the dim lit, dark blue water. After several minutes of this, the crowd of friends and acquaintances came onto the peer, invading my space, and threw me into the ocean. It was then that I noticed I was wearing jeans and a belt (which is a very rare occurrence). When I hit the water, I painfully discovered the water to be only about a foot deep.

After slowly getting to my feet, I noticed that my pink iPod and my cell phone were both missing. I decided to leave.

I found myself in a small, plain, white room with aqua blue carpeting. There were no windows or decorations on the wall to break up the empty space. There wasn't even texture on the walls. I sat alone in the room, pitying myself. Then the group of people interrupted the silence again by filling up the room until it was uncomfortable. They began to play leapfrog, in spite of the lack of space.

I found a corner where I could escape from everybody. I soon felt a tap on the shoulder, so I turned around to see Katie Zook (a camp counselor) standing in front of me. She said she would help find my iPod and cell phone, so we left for the beach.

When I arrived there, I found Nathan Galvez waiting there for me, holding my cell phone in one hand and my pink iPod in the other.


Then I awoke. This dream was rather interesting, for it seems to be filled with many symbols that are open for interpretation.

No comments:

Post a Comment