Thursday, January 21, 2010

Dream #98 (January 21, 2010)

I'm so close to 100.


This dream began in the middle of the night in the small upper room of a woman's house. My little brother, Zach Richie (my brother's friend), and I were playing poker there, betting animal skins and furs.

Suddenly I was dropped from the sky into a swimming pool the size of a lake in the middle of a desert. The pool was deeper than I could fathom, but I was not going to be freed from the water until I touched the bottom (I don't know who was going to free me; I just did what I knew needed to be done). Several times I made it nearly fifty feet down, but I wasn't even close to the bottom. Then I decided to go for it. I sunk down, even past the point where I knew I should return to the surface to get air.

I began to loose consciousness (interesting), but an unexpected and gracious force propelled me up and out of the water.

I was then in another dream.

I found myself in the middle of a high school basketball practice. I was in my old gym, but all the lights were off and about fifty players were stretching their legs on the court. My old coach, Coach Hannah, instructed all of us to begin our hula-hoop exercises. Unfortunately we did not use hula-hoops; instead we used copper wire with cans attached to it. It was very painful.

I realized that I was not quite as physically fit as I was when I actually played basketball, so I snuck off and hid under a metal bunk bed without any mattresses that happened to be residing in the corner of the gym.

My coach soon found me, pointed a bright spotlight upon me, and verbally harassed me in front of the rest of the athletes.


Then I awoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment