Monday, January 18, 2010

Dream #95 (January 18, 2010)

Well, well, well.


This dream started out in a strange way. Before any sort of action occurred there was a movie poster for the dream entitled "Psychic" with a picture of Kenan Thompson placed against a white background (T. James style). Then the dream commenced.

In this dream I was Kenan Thompson (this might have been inspired by the short clip of "Good Burger" I watched the night before), yet I was still me.

The action began in the middle of a state college campus. Four other men, one woman, and I were all dressed in Army fatigues, standing at attention as a drill instructor shouted obscenities at us for no particular reason. After several long minutes of this, the sky suddenly turned from light blue to pitch black, and the great detail of the campus was lost. For some reason this occurrence caused me to giggle, making the instructor even more angry with me.

After doing about one hundred push-ups, the yelling was over, and I was able to go on my way. (This is my favorite part of the dream). My method of transportation was a yellow scooter, the kind that kids play on in elementary school (a one-foot square piece of plastic with four wheels and a small hole in the middle). I laid on the device, ventral side down, and scooted face-first toward my destination.

As it turned out, I was headed for the grocery store. I headed down the sidewalk of Centerville Turnpike (a real road) and turned right on Indiana River (another real road). There a middle-aged woman with a baby carriage stopped me and asked me what I was doing.

For no apparent reason I was offended, and I kicked the poor woman.

Suddenly I found myself attracted to a very small building across the street. I left the woman and entered it.

There I found my older brother and an arcade basketball-shooting game. The game was the only thing in the neon-red room. He had been waiting for me so that we could attempt to beat the record.

After a couple tries, we came within two points. I was tired, so I explored the little building some more. I exited the only door in the room (the one I entered previously had disappeared) and found myself in an identical room. There my little brother and his friend Zach Richie were eating Oreos and drinking milk. They told me that they had already broke the record.


Then I awoke. I'm still not sure why the dream was entitled "Psychic."

No comments:

Post a Comment