Thursday, January 28, 2010

Dream #105 (January 28, 2010)

This dream took place in three parts.


In the first part, I was in a college classroom on the upper floor of a city office building. The professor, a thin-bearded, flannel shirt-wearing middle aged man was pacing back and forth in front of the large, blown-out window as he taught my fellow students and I how to properly eat a steak. Each student had a good-looking steak in front of him (the class was made up of all males; my subconscious may be sexist), and the piece of cow in front of me was particularly large.

Just as the teacher was instructing me, I used my left hand to cut my meat, manipulating the fork with my right, so that my classmates and I might become stronger with our weaker hand. I was already skilled at working all eating utensils with both of my hands, so I was a little ahead of the game.

Right before my first bite of juicy steak, I found myself in an arena of sorts. I was in a large, blue, robot suit, complete with a rocket launcher controlled by my right hand and a jet pack on my back. I was competing in a tournament called "Dominion" (which is the name of a card game I've played several times, nothing like what I was doing in my dream). I jetted from station to station, gathering wheat, oats, and barely and throwing the grains in a duffel bag that was thrown across my shoulder.

I had a pretty passive strategy, only once getting into an air battle with an opponent (the red robot). I was doing quite well, but the dream quickly shifted.

I next found myself outside of a large brick house, that looked similar (only on the outside) to the house I lived in when I was a very young child. I was walking with my sister (I don't have a sister in real life, that I know of) when an old man and two young men ripped her away from beside me. The two boys dragged my sister inside while the old man cuffed me to a nearby bike rack. Not eager to give in, I kicked the old man in the back of the head by propping my back up against the rack and propelling my feet forward. Somehow the odd movement broke me free from my shackles, and I was able to follow the two boys into the house.

I discovered that they had put my sister in an attic and chained her to an old bunk bed (I could see her even though I was not in the attic with her). I snuck past the two boys by opening up a container of ice cream in another room, its scent drawing their attention. Once the way to the attic was clear, I opened up the ceiling, climbed up the latter, and freed my sister.

Suddenly, I found myself back in time, again chained to the bike rack. Had I dreamed about freeing my sister?


Then I awoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment