Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Dream #96 (January 19, 2010)

There are so many things from my life in this dream, yet they are in strange places. Also, this dream is quite long. Sorry.


The dream began in the morning in my apartment (which does not exist). I lived on the 30th story of a fancy place with a beautiful balcony. However, Dennis Stone, my roommate at school last semester, was my roommate, which was a little awkward. We both woke up at the same time, and we both prepared for the day together. By the way, the dream had a cliche movie beach look to it, if that makes any sense.

Anyway, I was headed to Bethel College to substitute teach. When I arrived, I discovered that I was filling in for Chris Stakowicz, a crazy art professor at Bethel. He left me a note of what to do for the day's class (there was only one class). His writing was just as bizarre as his lectures. he instructed me to test his drawing class by having them draw abstracts on the large windows of the classroom. Furthermore, I was supposed to judge the creativity and originality of each student's work. He wanted the students to know how to paint for someone else besides him (which makes a little bit of sense, but is still odd and unfair). By the way, the classroom was also on the 30th floor of a building.

The students (including Kevin Chupp and Emma Miller, old Bethel classmates) arrived, and I did just as I was instructed. All of the drawings were indeed abstract, except for the drawing of a bald eagle created by Kevin Chupp. The realism was abstract for an abstract piece, so I gave him an A. I gave mediocre grades to the others because many of them seemed to have no purpose to their work.

After the class was over, I decided to relax and float on an inner-tube down a river that ran through a beautiful jungle. I was accompanied by Neil and Jamie Silveus, Calvin and Dori Walterhouse (both pairs are brother-sister combinations), and some other strangers. We floated for a long time. Near the 'end' of the river, I decided to speed up to see if I could catch the two leading tubers (Dori and Jamie). However, when I caught up to Neil, he told me that the girls were miles ahead of us because they were training for the Olympic Games.

When I finished, I saw the two girls (or are they women now? I'm not sure of when the transition takes place) sitting on the bank, drinking tomato juice. I waved at them and proceeded to hit the showers.

My dad and little brother were both bathing in the showers, which were community-style with red tiles on the floors, walls, and ceiling. I washed up quickly (I'm not a big fan of public showers) and began to dress myself. I don't think I remember undressing, actually.


Then I awoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment