Sunday, April 24, 2011

Dream #380 (April 23, 2011)

This was nuts.


I first dreamt that I was inside of some space station in the future. Things were quite normal for a while (for the future, that is). People and robots were walking about, doing various tasks (just like at any space station). There were thousands of people there.

I was just a janitor on the spaceship. I took a break from mopping the shiny metallic floor and took a peak out of the great window that looked out to the stars. The view was breathtaking, but I didn't enjoy it for long.

A burst of smoke obstructed my view, then the glass cracked before me. I put on some special breathing device as the air in the station began to flow out the window. I ran and took cover under a computer desk as the smoke filled the room.

After about a minute, the fog lifted, revealing several X-Men characters, including Wolverine, Storm, Cyclops, Beast, and Gambit. There were several other mutants that are most likely not X-Men characters, but originals of my subconscious.

Contrary to the X-Men comic, these mutants were villains (or maybe I was a villain). They had come to destroy the space station, and they began by killing several of the workers wearing grey suits. Storm would bring in a cloud and lift up the victims as the other mutants used their various powers to slay them.

I decided to take action. I snuck over to a nearby computer and entered in a bunch of data. Somehow, the result was a crazy electrical explosion that blew near the mutants and electrocuted them. The only one not defeated by the shock was Gambit, who quickly discovered my whereabouts. He began throwing his pink, glowing cards at me.


Then I switched over to a different dream.


I was working with a bunch of my former Oregon-Davis High School classmates (Adam Pflugshaupt, Brandon Johnston, Andrew Jensen, and Alik Hall). We were putting up an enormous State Farm insurance ad on a billboard on a tall hill above a highway. The ad had the picture of a happy, good looking, middle-aged man in a suit.

My job was to climb the ladder and apply the sticky substance to the billboard while the others managed to put up the actual poster. After several minutes of tough work, it was time for lunch.

I climbed down from the ladder and joined up with my friends to talk about where we wanted to eat. They decided on Applebee's. It didn't really matter for me, because I had brought edible clothes. Yup. My pants, suit jacket, and tie were all made out of gummy candy (like Fruit Roll-Ups). Adam and Andrew thought that was hilarious and they mentioned they wanted as many people as possible to see me eat what I was wearing.


Then I awoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment