Thursday, April 28, 2011

Dream #379 (April 27, 2011)

This was pretty crazy.

I dreamt that I was in a huge wooden hotel. The hallways were very dimly lit, and the rooms had the feel of a cabin. I was in my room (a two-room apartment) getting ready for a final exam. I looked at the digital clock by my bed and realized that I was running late. I immediately closed the various books that I had opened, shoved a couple into my blue backpack, and ran out into the hallway. I hopped onto an elevator, went up a few floors, hopped off and made it into the classroom with minutes to spare.

The classroom didn't have desks; rather, the students all sat in bar stools and kept their books on their laps. As the others were getting their books and papers out, preparing for the exam, Amy Ennis, who was sitting next to me, pointed out that I had brought the wrong book and the wrong papers. I panicked, dropped what I had brought, and ran back outside the classroom. Instead of taking the elevator, I took the stairs. I was in such a hurry that I went down too many floors. I hopped onto the next open elevator, but unfortunately, it went all the way down to the ground floor instead of going up. I gave up.

In the elevator with me was a tall, rough-looking fellow. He ordered me to follow him when we reached the ground floor (which actually led outside into the parking lot). I did as he said, then thought to myself, "It's crazy how one small decision can change a person's life drastically."

After thinking that, I followed the tall man to an 80's red car. He opened up the hood and pulled out a bag of cocaine. I tried to remain calm, but the guy could tell I was very nervous.

Just then, I saw a female cop approaching us. The tall guy hopped in the car and fled the scene, leaving me to be punished for his actions. The woman grabbed my arm and dragged me out of the street and out a set of glass doors. I know that sounds very strange, but she really took me outside of outside, if that makes any sense. There was a street and innumerable people and buildings inside of one huge glass building. The street outside of outside was deserted.

The woman told me that she knew I had nothing to do with the cocaine that she had discovered in my hands when we first met. Then (this is cheesy and ridiculous), the chick cop winked at me and smiled. I looked back inside the glass and saw a riot going on. Tons of people with signs and pitchforks were rushing toward a certain building. The chick cop asked me what I thought about war and violence.


Then I awoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment