Monday, May 23, 2011

Dream #393 (May 11, 2011)

Here’s a dream.

I began the dream inside of my house with my brother Mike Baughman, my parents, and the Shoup family (father, mother, and their daughters, Lindsey and Katie). We were playing around in the hallway (I was climbing up the walls like Spider-Man while the other ‘kids’ threw shoes at me), when my dad interrupted us to inform me that I needed to take the others to the Shoup home to pick up a game that they had forgotten to bring.

So, I led Mike, Lindsey, and Katie out of my house and down State Road 23. It was quite dark outside, with only a few streetlamps to guide me in the right direction. Eventually, though in real life the Shoups live much further away, we arrived at the house.

We began searching for the game there, but for reasons unknown, we didn’t turn on any lights to aid in our search. We took so long and made such a disturbance of the peace with all of our banging about that several teenagers from the area thought a party was going on in the house. They came to the door and tried to get in, but I explained that there was no fun to be found there. Unfortunately, I was too late, for the police had arrived.

A young officer sat down and interrogated me, for he thought that we were planning some wild party. After I explained myself, he understood me fully, and even helped shoo the teens from the property.

After the officer left, Mike realized that he had lost his glass eye (both of his eyes are normal in real life), so we had yet another item to search for. We looked all about the house.

I went upstairs and peeked under a cabinet and discovered a pair of sweatpants I had left there before. When I picked them up, dozens of glass eyes fell from the pockets. I looked around and tried to find Mikes. It didn’t take me long.

When I handed Mike his glass eye, he pointed out that it had been scribbled on with a brown crayon, and he wondered if that would look strange.

Then I awoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment