Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Dream #300 (December 29, 2010)

This dream, Dream #300 by the way, was incredibly long. It felt as if it lasted for days. However, I will try to keep the description relatively brief.


The first part of the dream was a bit violent. I was in a city that was lit by a brownish gold light. I was walking down the sidewalk, observing the people in go-carts driving by me at great speeds. For some reason I stood by a certain street lamp for what felt like hours. I was there until it became dark.

A little after darkness fell, a young boy came running toward me, shouting something. I tried to stop him to see what the matter was, but when I tried to grab him, I caused him to trip and fall into the road. Just then, a bus drove by and violently smashed the young boy. The boy was instantly dead, and the bus kept driving. I didn't know what to do. Just then the boys father came out of an apartment. He was hispanic, and he was carrying a baseball bat and wearing a tank-top shirt and a gold necklace. He looked at me angrily and rushed at me. I wanted to cover up the involuntary murder I had just committed, so I pulled out a knife and stabbed the man in his heart, killing him. I had just destroyed a family and was shaken up.

I entered the apartment of the father and son I had just murdered to see what kind of people they were. I noticed several toys on the forest green carpet, and several dishes and clothes lying about the house. I began to weep.

Then I went back in time to when I was watching the go-carts race by. Then I saw the little boy run by and let him go this time. His father still came out after him with a baseball bat, and I let him run by me as well. Shortly after a tall man with grey hair, a straw hat, and battered clothes, walked up to me and gave me a handful of grain.


Then I switched over to a different dream.


I was staying at some sort of boarding school. I was taking classes, wearing a school uniform, and living in a dorm with a bunch of guys. The dream started in a yoga class I was taking. The class was all males, and many of them were overweight, and quite funny to watch as they attempted the art of yoga. I did quite well (I'm pretty flexible in real life, but I don't practice yoga), and looked as nimble as a ballerina.

When the class was over, everyone went to the shower-room/restroom to wash up and go potty. It was 8:00 p.m. by then, and I realized that I had not urinated since the night before. I walked up to the urinals, which (this is very bizarre) resembled sinks and were each located directly under a drinking fountain. The urinal sinks were pretty high, so the spouts of the drinking fountains were bound to get hit by urine often. It grossed me out. I peed for over a minute. My stream was so powerful and so loud that all the guys in the bathroom began looking at me in awe and wonder. Ashamed, I tried to angle myself so that I could avoid their glances.

I finally finished peeing and went into the shower room. All the piping had been painted red and reminded me of a fire station for some reason.

After showering, I went to my 9:00 p.m. class, which was a typewriting class. All the students crammed into a small one-room building with a screen door, one window, a bookshelf, and the teacher's desk. We were all supposed to type a one-page paper, but their were about twenty of us and only one typewriter (this room was so small that we were all standing, scrunched together, and the person typing was sitting outside). The outside reminded me of my back yard, by the way.

I was last in line to type my paper. While I waited, I looked at all the crazy old books on the shelves and talked to some of my fellow classmates. It was a strange group of people that I've met at various points in my life. The people I knew were Jon Ayee (friend from Regent University), Erin Roseander (high school classmate, whom I have not seen since graduation), Cate Sterczala (Prairie Camp counselor), and Mrs. Denny (high school Home Economics teacher, who also taught the typing class in my dream, though she looked and acted much differently, sharing only the name).

Cate was right in front of me and took an extra long time typing as I sat in the dark classroom by myself. When she finally finished, Mrs. Denny began to freak out because the class time was over but I hadn't even began my paper. She even blamed me for it, which made no sense. As I was about to start my paper, Cate handed me a paper and told me she had written it for me to use as mine. I was surprised and a bit insulted by the gesture, for I love to write and I hate to cheat. Just as I began typing the paper, though, Mrs. Denny told me there wasn't time and that I would have to make it up another time. As I walked through the woods back to my dorm, I realized that I had taken that class the previous semester and that I wouldn't need to take it again. I wondered if I could still get credit for it, for it was a blow-off class, and I needed just 3 more elective credits to graduate. When I arrived at my dorm, I emailed Doug Miller (who was my academic adviser at Regent) to see if I could get credit for the class again.


Then I switched dreams again.


I was back in the city where I murdered the father and son. I was, however, sitting across the street from where I had been before. I sat along a wall to a closed-down store, along with hundreds of others, who were lined up for what looked like a mile, and they all were sitting down. I watched buses pass, I saw clowns walk by, and I witnessed toys marching along the road.

Finally, I became bored and left the long line of sitting people. After walking a few miles down the road, I found a beautiful grassy cliff. I looked down in the water and noticed a large boat (this is where the dream gets a bit disjointed and hazy). I instantly knew that the boat belonged to some evil town-suppressing billionaire. I decided to battle this billionaire, so I walked to a gravel parking lot and found Kevin Chupp and my dad. Together we (after a long, drawn out process that I only vaguely remember) built a battleship and defeated the evil man, blowing up his ship with ours.

Then I switched over to a different place altogether. I was in a snowy city observing the beautiful Christmas lights reflecting off of the snow. I walked by a Taco Bell and a Wendy's, then crossed an intersection and entered a subdivision. The houses, though they were quite small, looked gorgeous. After observing these places I walked back to the main road.


I eventually awoke. I'm sure I missed something; this dream was so long and jumbled that I probably didn't keep it straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment