Friday, December 3, 2010

Dream #291 (December 3, 2010)

This is interesting.


I was staying at a campground with my little brother Mike and with Jeff Kreider (a former co-worker at Prairie Camp). There were several small and colorful cabins throughout the campground, and it looked like a comfortable and peaceful place to stay. Even so, we were the only people there.

As Jeff and Mike were making our cabin livable, I decided to walk outside. The moment I did so, I saw a bear swiftly approaching the cabin. I instantly receded back into the cabin and asked Mike and Jeff what we should do. Then Jeff handed me a bow and a bag full of arrows and told me to "put it to rest." I was shocked, for I know that Jeff loves animals, but I obeyed him.

I went back out side, with an arrow drawn and ready to fire. The bear retreated backward into a small red cabin. He back up all the way to the back wall. I was going to let it live when I heard a voice shout, "Kill it!" Then I decided to fire the first shot.

I hit the bear in the center of its nose, but the bear did not react much, other than looking forlorn. I fired another shot, this time hitting his neck. The bear just stared at me. I began to cry a bit as I fired a third arrow into the other side of the bear's neck. I didn't want to keep this going, but I heard Jeff yelling at me to put it out of its misery.

I was crying hard at this point, and I could barely look the bear in the face as I fired ten more arrows into its head. With that, the bear fell to its side, presumably dead. My eyes were soaking wet, so I wiped them off with my long green sleeve. Then I looked around me and noticed that there were hundreds of bears lying dead all over the campground, and each bear had dozens of arrows in its head. I was mortified.

With great sadness, so great that I could feel its weight on my back, I returned to the little green cabin Jeff, Mike, and I were staying in. Then, to my amazement, the bear I had killed was lying in Jeff's arms as Jeff nursed its wounds. I looked at Jeff angrily, wondering why he had pushed me so hard to kill the bear when he did not even want it dead in the first place. Then I noticed that the bear was wearing a diaper, and I knew Jeff had put it on him.

In a burst of anger i rushed out the back door of the cabin and looked at the great lake that was before me, surrounded by beautiful mountains.


Then I switched over to a different dream.


I was inside the Oregon-Davis Elementary School gymnasium, where a bunch of kids and college students were gathered. Everyone was playing basketball and everyone was wearing winter coats, hats, gloves, ect. It must have been cold in there.

I was standing behind the bleachers with Mike and Rachel Phipps. We were playing a game of 'pig,' and it was my turn. I tried to shoot a shot from behind the bleachers. I intentionally bounced a ball from the top of the bleachers and came very close to making it, hitting it off the back of the rim. Then it was Mike's turn. He did the same thing I did and missed it as well.

Then, for some reason, it was my turn again. I shot this shot with a mitten on my hand from out of bounds. I swished it, impressing both Mike and Rachel. Mike tried the shot and came close, but he missed that one as well.

Then we decided to leave the gym and head to Mike and Rachel's apartment. The place was very dark and remained that way for the rest of the dream. Rachel went into the kitchen to make us all a snack and Mike and I went into his bedroom. He wanted to show me a game he bought, but we didn't intend on playing it, for I had a long trip ahead of me. He pulled out a massive board that had 3D terrain. It was pretty awesome, and it glowed in the dark. I then said he was going to get the pieces of the game and that he would be back soon.

I sat on my knees and studied the board, observing the glowing green plateaus, the sparkling blue lakes, and the rough dark forests. The board must have been fifteen feet long and eight feet wide. I waited there for a long time, but Mike never returned. I decided that I should leave anyway, so I walked out of the room.

When I entered the hallway, I saw Mike curling a 40 pound dumbbell, listening to an iPod, not getting the game pieces. I thought that was strange of him, but continued on my way without saying anything to him.

I made a quick stop in the bathroom to wash the glow-in-the-dark substance off of my hands the went to the door. Rachel met me their with her plate of snacks that she prepared: saltine crackers with hot sauce. I gratefully took one, said goodbye, then walked out the door.


Then I awoke.

1 comment: