Sunday, November 28, 2010

Dream #285 (November 27, 2010)

Here is a dream about war.


I was in the heart of the United States in the future. War had torn the country apart, and it was a mess of broken down city buildings, smog, and rivers of tar that ran all through the streets. Dead bodies were piled on the side of roads, the government was corrupt, and people were used to living in fear.

I was with a small band of rebels, and I was teaching them about the government's military. I was telling them all about how they are quick to kill and slow to get to know situations. I then gave them a history lesson of how our nation began to decline, a history that started all the way back to when William Jennings Bryan was not elected as President of the United States, getting beat by Progressivism. I talked about war and about industrialism as if I were some great authority (well, in the dream I was, for I was a well-respected leader of a successful band of rebels). When I reached the end of the lecture, I picked up a gun from the hand of a dead man on the street. I began to say that the military men were so paranoid that if they saw me with a gun, they would kill me immediately without getting to know why I had the gun or if it was even a real gun at all. At that moment, as I showed my followers the gun, I was shot in the back.

I fell to the ground and knew that I was going to die. Even so, I still fought hard to remain alive. I had a great fear of death in my dream, and I was terrified. I began to shake, cry, and wail, but nobody would listen to me or care for me.

I went into darkness.

I soon woke up (in another dream) on top of a tall wooden watchtower. I stood up, knowing that I should be on the look-out for enemy troops. When I looked down at the vast field below me, my heart sank as I saw a military completely clothed in black, made up of demons, advancing quickly toward the tower. I turned around and saw that, behind me, there was another army. This army was made up of men and mystical creatures, and I was led by my own father. He was wearing a helmet with rams horns, and he had the most amazing armor. He was going against an extremely threatening force, yet he looked confident and calm.


Then I awoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment