Saturday, November 13, 2010

Dream #279 (November 13, 2010)

I've become inconsistent, but I'm still dreaming.


Last night I found myself in a large carpeted classroom. There were no desks, just wooden tables set up in a strange design that wrapped around the room. There were primarily people close to my own age or older there (sometimes much older); however, they were all supposed to be in kindergarten, while I was their teacher for the day. It was weird.

I had three assistants all dressed in Pepto Bismol-colored scrubs: Allyssa Suter, Joanna Suter, Dori Walterhouse, and Anna Pulley (most of which are nursing students at Bethel). This made the classroom feel more like a nursing home.

After I finished going through the alphabet and explaining several letters (including a, g, r, and x), my assistants and I pulled out some styrofoam plates, metal cutlery, and colorful napkins and set them in front of all the students. Then we pulled out some huge, burnt turkeys and set them in the center of each individual table. The nurses then pulled out some mashed potatoes, gravy, and rice and served it to each person as I sat down to eat with the students.

When the nurses finished serving, they sat amongst the students and assisted them when they needed it. When we had finished the meal, I pulled out a huge pot full of yellow homemade ice cream. It looked so delicious, but I prevented myself from taking very much (I only dropped one little spoonful on my plate). However, when Joanna took the pot from me to serve the rest of the students, she gave them huge portions. I kind of wanted some more, so when she was done serving everyone (including the other nurses and herself), I went over to get some more.


Then I awoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment