Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Dream #278 (November 10, 2010)

A dream.


I was walking around in my beach house (I don't own a beach house in real life) that I had randomly inherited from an unknown relative. I was alone, exploring various cupboards, closets, and storage spaces to see what was there. It was a neat looking place, and the view of the ocean was awesome.

As I looked at the water in the twilight, I saw a fairly large boat pull up to the dock near my house. A woman walked walked out and looked as if she was inspecting my property (she had a clipboard and was sifting the sand through her fingers and running her hands along the foundation of my house). I continued to watch her until she finally reached the deck in the back of the house.

I went out to greet her and realized that she was Cate Blanchett. She informed me that she was touring around the beach, judging the houses along it for some huge beach house contest. Apparently my house was exceptional, for she was raving about every little thing she saw. She particularly enjoyed the plants that had somehow survived around the deck, even though I had not taken care of them. She even liked some of the run-down things about the house, for she said, "The run-down look is in."

After she gave me many more compliments, Cate left me there, alone again. I watched as her boat headed for the next dock down the shore. After a while, I decided to go into the kitchen and eat a bowl of cereal.


Then I awoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment