Monday, April 9, 2012

Dream #444 (April 9, 2012)

I did not awake feeling pleasant, and I dreamt an entire weekend in one night.


In my dream, I was getting ready to work at a large youth conference in Atlanta, Georgia.  In the beginning, I, with a large, peacock blue bag of luggage, rode an overly crowded bus into the city.  Though I was squished between two women (both large and gaudily dressed), I was alone on the bus.  When my stop finally came, everyone else's stop also came, and the entire contents of the bus spilled out the door into the street.

I was in a hurry, so I sprinted, with my bag rolling behind me (it was tied to my waist, something I've always wanted to do in real life so that my feet would hit my bag).  After a couple of minutes, I arrived at a grand and golden hotel.

I took the elevator up to the next-to-top floor and entered my room.  I was staying with Kevin Chupp and DJ Nick Tunez, and we each had our own rooms within the hotel room.  It was nice.  I threw my bag on my bed and immediately headed to the conference.

There I saw Ben Fischer give a great lecture about the history of human cravings as I captured the event on video.

Later, I returned to my hotel room and went to bed.

I woke up early the next morning and recorded lectures held all about the hotel and conference center all day.  That night I went to the top floor and found dozens of boxes of pizza sitting on several tables.  They were open, and a few pieces were taken from each box, but only Ben was present.  He told me to help myself, but I informed him that I had already brushed my teeth.

I then went again to my hotel room and fell asleep.

Later on, I went to the top of the hotel building.  There I was a part of an expedition to explore the gravitational limits of the city.  Everyone, including me, was dressed in a spacesuit.  My friend David Smith was there, as was Brandon Johnston (former Oregon-Davis High School classmate of mine).  There was an old man there directing everybody on where to go and what to do.

Suddenly, against my shouted warnings, David ran and jumped off the roof of the hotel.  I thought he would surely die, but he managed to land on a roof across the street.  It was incredible.  Then, the old boss decided that everyone should jump over there to collect the 'goods' from that building.

I watched as several people leaped over to the other building.  Some landed on the roof; others dove into large, (luckily) open windows.  My turn was quickly approaching.  However, one of the guys ho had already jumped across decided he wanted to come back.  When he tried making the jump, he failed, and he fell hundreds of feet down onto a building below.

Everyone panicked.  Was there any way he could have survived?  I felt sick inside.  Did I just watch a man die?  I leaned over the edge of the building and saw that stiff spacesuit.  Was the suit thick enough to save him?

I ran and grabbed Brandon Johnston (who in real life is nurse) and ordered some people to lower him down there, which they did, along with a surgeon.  I looked down and witnessed something horrible.

When they brought the man back up to the roof, his legs had been amputated.  He showed no sign of life.


Then I awoke.  I looked at the clock and it was noon.  I panicked, for I had to be at the conference early in the morning to record it.  I tried to get ready quickly, but I couldn't find the light switch, and the room was quite dark, the only light coming from the alarm clock.


Then I awoke again.  What?  Was it really noon?  Nope.

No comments:

Post a Comment