Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Dream #432 (January 24, 2012)

Short.


I dreamt that I was asked to join the Oregon-Davis High School track team.  In the dream, I was out of school, but apparently the rules about eligibility had changed, allowing me to run another year.  I was quite excited.

I showed up to the track, which was full of people warming up for practice (which is unusual, for O-D seldom has a sizable track team), wearing my old track uniform atop my black spandex shirt and pants.  I was also wearing sweatpants and my L.L. Bean Snow Walkers (basically boots that are slightly closer to shoes, but not really).  I walked onto the track, and coach Lotter (my old coach), told me that he was going to time me running two miles.  Without thinking, I began running immediately.

After a rough lap and a half, I realized that I was still wearing my Snow Walkers and baggy sweatpants.  I decided then to rush off the track and change my shoes.  Well, I had trouble finding my shoes and was forced to borrow the shoes of a stranger.  I finally began running again.  After I finished the two miles, Ryan Jackson (a former classmate of mine who didn't run track) told me that I ran my first mile in seven minutes.  That included the time it took for me to change footwear, which meant that I had run fairly fast, but Coach Lotter wouldn't accept that time, regardless of what I did during it.

I sat down next to Ryan, a bit disappointed.  I chatted with him about life for a bit as other athletes were running, pole vaulting, long jumping, high jumping, hurdling, and throwing all about me.


Then I awoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment